Carnival Magic Cruise Review by gooselover: Carnival Magic was absolutely WONDERFUL!

gooselover

Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic was absolutely WONDERFUL!

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

This is DH and I's 4th Carnival Cruise, first time on the Magic out of Galveston. We also cruised with DH's mother, sister, and Aunt. DH's mother - this was her first time.

Embarkation was wonderful! Since DH's mother and Aunt were somewhat disabled (they are both close to 80), we have a tad bit of priority! After embarkation, immediately to Lido Market Place for lunch and our rooms were ready. Luggage arrived between 1:30 & 4pm. DH and I have an aft, 9481, and MIL, SIL and Aunt had a balcony 9461.

Ports of Call were Isle of Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. DH and I took an excursion in Belize to see the Altum Hun and River Wallace. This was AMAZING! The ONLY gripe that I have is that the excursion was 6.5 hours and 4.5 of that was traveling. But we are glad we did it. Just shopping around in the other two ports.

Food was GREAT - we had early seating and a table to ourselves for 5. Our head waiter, Dimitri, was fabulous. We have absolutely no complaints on More the food. In fact, we were going to go to the super club, but cancelled due to the food being so good in the main dining room. Food was also great in the Market Place.

We went to the Punchliner Comedy Club 3 times. It was GREAT also! Really loved it!

Disembarking was a breeze compared to the last time on Conquest back in 2005 in Galveston. They really have this down to an art!

All in all, Carnival still is tops in our hearts. We have been on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas also, so we can compare a few things and I have written a review on this. However, we will continue to sail with Carnival due to the new smoking policies that have gone into effect on other lines, more specifically, RCCL. We wanted to try Oasis, but being that we are smokers, they do not allow smoking on balconies after January 1, 2014.

The ONLY COMPLAINT that I have is a policy that I think should be revisited. Since MIL and Aunt were somewhat disabled, you must RENT wheelchairs for around $200/wk. Even if you get a wheelchair on your second to last day, the fee is still $200. We feel this is completely wrong and that wheelchairs should be provided to guests that need them for free. This is just our opinion. We did not rent a wheelchair.

Other than that, we have no complaints! It was a wonderful cruise and we are looking forward to sailing on the Magic again. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>