Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by JDaykin

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by JDaykin
Queen of the Mississippi
Queen of the Mississippi
Member Name: JDaykin
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: U.S.A.
See More About: Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | American Cruise Lines Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Queen of the Mississippi Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Down the Mississippi River in Three Weeks

Many years ago, my partner, John, and I sailed from St. Louis to New Orleans on the American Queen... I always felt that trip was 'unfinished' as we missed the 'upper river'. When John died over a year ago, I decided to 'finish' our trip by myself. I love American Cruise Lines - small boat, fewer passengers, personal service, excellent staff and crew, good food, interesting shore excursions. For ME, as I'm so interested in the history of the United States, the Mississippi is revelatory. The role the river played in the expansion and development of our country is simply overwhelming. By experiencing the entire river - the commerce, the people, the explorers, the Revolutionary and Civil Wars along its banks, I felt I was able to go back in time and feel, personally, the same emotions and scenic horizons as our ancestors. It was thrilling.

I've sailed with American Cruise Lines before, but this trip was IN DEPTH. They considered my trip three separate segments: St. Paul, MN to St. Louis; St. Louis to Memphis; and Memphis to New Orleans. But for me it was one incredible three-week journey down the Mighty Mississippi in comfort and style. I would recommend it to ANYONE who is intrigued by our country and the people who discovered and built it generations ago.

Publication Date: 02/03/14
More Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Queen of the Mississippi review Read the next Queen of the Mississippi review

More U.S.A. Cruise Reviews