Carnival Elation Cruise Review by MexicoCruzinMomma

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by MexicoCruzinMomma
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: MexicoCruzinMomma
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
        3-6 3.0

second time around

I sailed on the Elation for the second time October 19 2013. I was super excited to be back on her because we had such a great time the first trip.

I was a bit let down.

We purchased FTTF and it was well worth it... we were in the parking garage at 10:30a and in our rooms by 11:16a...possibly the fastest we have ever got on the ship at this port.

The cabin E163 was really great at first...clean and stocked ...a little dust but a flat screen tv was a nice change from the last time. The room steward was Sudi...and he was very sweet and personable...and a great steward. THEN my personal hell broke loose...we were sleeping and we quickly realized that above us was a galley...and it sounded like a bowling alley all night long....I got no sleep...even with my wave sound machine on loud. I complained to Guest Services and they said to call when I hear the noise...and they said they sent someone to my room while I was at breakfast and it was just noises a ship makes. Like Im crazy...like I have never cruised before. Eventually they found a room further aft that I could move to and I did, even though I was not wanting to change room stewards. We ended up in E237, new steward was Mr. G he as well was fantastic, this room was quieter...but one of the dining rooms was above me and you could hear them moving chairs and such till about 11pm, but after that it was really quiet....unless you were coming into port and then there was no sleeping...thanks to the thrusters, yes even that high up the thrusters were super loud and vibrating. I am a lighter sleeper though...please keep that in mind. However, everything happens for a reason and I have gone through my next cruise ship layout with a fine tooth comb to make sure I am in a quiet area with nothing above or below me but people. Lesson learned.

The entertainment was lackluster to say the least...except for the comedians. We went to the first show and realized we had seen the exact same show line up the previous year on the Fascination. A bit of a let down. Trivia was ok.

The cruise director Hennie looked like the bad guy in the Incrediables movie. I cant say I ever saw him around. ACD Charlotte was very great and personable.. a pleasure.

The food was eh. I usually order the Chateaubriand every trip and my GOD the chef who was cooking that night was not good at cooking that at all. My five year old daughter would not eat the kids menu brownies...and I tasted them and couldnt blame her. Our waiter was Charlie Brown...his real name, who knows...but he was fantastic. You are blessed if you get him for your waiter.

Camp Carnival was okay...my kids always enjoy themselves. Although not all the counselors were friendly...we didnt feel they were rude.

Overall it was a decent vacation...but I think its good that the Elation is being dry docked next year she needs some updating and a good cleaning. It would be great if they could put a waterworks on this ship as it only has two pools that leave much to be desired.

Publication Date: 11/24/13
More Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Elation review Read the next Carnival Elation review

More Carnival Elation Reviews
5 Day Western Caribbean from New...
Awesome!