Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by MLZ: NCL Has Gone Way Downhill
Overall Member Rating
NCL Has Gone Way Downhill
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
I am a Gold Latitudes member and have been on the NCL Epic as well as many other NCL ships. When we went on the Epic, we couldn't understand who in their right mind designed it---the bathrooms in the room separated from the shower and sink, a complete lack of privacy, no way to walk around the ship, no true cruise feeling. When we went to customer service while on the Epic, we were told that we had to try the new ship the Breakway, as all of our complaints of the Epic had been corrected on the Breakway. So we gave it a try and were on the November 10 sailing.
I must say that the Breakaway has the feeling like someone went through it and decided how to cost cut. For starters:
1. The food in the "free" dining rooms is just plain bad and unimaginative.
2. There are too few servers in the "free" dining rooms so you have to wait forever for your food and feel guilty if you make a request.
3. The seats in the main showroom are the most uncomfortable you More can imagine with a metal bar at your tailbone. I had to bring a pillow in order to be able to enjoy the show.
4. The main showroom has no pizazz-think of a high school auditorium with a liquor bar.
5. There is no art on the ship, only mirrors at the stairways. The only art is a part of the art auction.
6. The special Latitudes Thank You guest party was a big flop...no food, only a few waitstaff with drinks, no chairs,held in H2O when there were huge winds, too many people--sort of like, how can we do this at the least amount of cost?
7. Gone are all of the special events such as nighttime buffets, special casino promotions, giveways,etc. Less
Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>
Thank goodness we booked the large balcony mini-suite as the balconies are miniscule on the ship. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed.
Port and Shore Excursions
Nassau is a very easy port to get around. You can walk off the ship and be at the Beach or walk through town.
Surprise Cruise! First Time on...
Above Average Late Spring Geta...
Very enjoyable cruise, good fo...
Poor Coverage of American Spor...
Cruise on the NCL Breakaway
Norwegian is the only cruise l...
First time cruising couple!