NCL Has Gone Way Downhill: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by MLZ
Overall Member Rating
NCL Has Gone Way Downhill
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
I must say that the Breakaway has the feeling like someone went through it and decided how to cost cut. For starters:
1. The food in the "free" dining rooms is just plain bad and unimaginative.
2. There are too few servers in the "free" dining rooms so you have to wait forever for your food and feel guilty if you make a request.
3. The seats in the main showroom are the most uncomfortable you More can imagine with a metal bar at your tailbone. I had to bring a pillow in order to be able to enjoy the show.
4. The main showroom has no pizazz-think of a high school auditorium with a liquor bar.
5. There is no art on the ship, only mirrors at the stairways. The only art is a part of the art auction.
6. The special Latitudes Thank You guest party was a big flop...no food, only a few waitstaff with drinks, no chairs,held in H2O when there were huge winds, too many people--sort of like, how can we do this at the least amount of cost?
7. Gone are all of the special events such as nighttime buffets, special casino promotions, giveways,etc. Less
Thank goodness we booked the large balcony mini-suite as the balconies are miniscule on the ship. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed.
Port and Shore Excursions
Nassau is a very easy port to get around. You can walk off the ship and be at the Beach or walk through town.
1st time cruisers- Excellent t...
Great time but will choose sma...
Disadvantage of Mega ship