Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by rwandmw

Member Name: rwandmw
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Very pleasantly surprised!

I've been blessed to have been on a few cruises across the gamut from budget to luxury. While Carnival is not known for luxury, I found that my cruise experience on Ecstasy was extremely good, especially given the price point. This was a girls' trip--we're in our mid-30's--and all we wanted was to relax!

We were in R160, an oceanview on the lowest level. The room was really very clean, especially the bathroom. I consider myself pretty particular about cleanliness, and I was not grossed out one time! In fact, this bathroom was cleaner than the one I had in my JS on this Imagination a couple years ago. Our steward, Eko, was really great and very unintrusive. I asked for ice once and he kept my ice bucket filled each day and night afterwards. The only downside is the noise early in the morning as the crew prepares the ship to dock. I'm not sure what the noise was, but it was loud and startling each port morning. We treated it as a nice alarm clock though and it really was not a big deal.

I have to say the food was above average. Everything was served at the correct temperature, and some especially good items were the gazpacho, the strawberry chilled soup, the vegetarian Indian platter and, of course, the warm chocolate melting cake. The lower points for me were the prime rib (overcooked) and the veal (likewise). However, for the price paid, I would give the food and service in the dining rooms overall an above average rating.

We had the deli once, a roasted tomato and mozzarella panini, and it was very good. The breakfast omelet station was, as always, really good and I loved the pico de gallo that was available to put on top.

We visited Nassau and Freeport. In Nassau, we walked to Junkanoo Beach and paid $10 each for a nice lounger. The beach was clean of litter at our visit and there was a gentleman cleaning the seaweed as well. I would definitely go back. In Freeport, we paid $7 each way for a group taxi to Junkanoo Beaqch (yes, both places have a beach of the same name). We then paid $5 each for a lounge chair. It was absolutely gorgeous. Again, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

I can't think of anything to complain about on this cruise. We had a great time in a clean room and received wonderful service. Perfect for a girls' weekend!

Publication Date: 11/26/13