Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Nobrakes9: Good and Bad

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Good and Bad

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my first cruise and before I start, I can say I had a good time. That being said, there were some big let downs on my trip.

Taste and Savor, having the same menus wasn't great. Most of the appetizers seemed to be seafood, which I don't eat. Two or three times I skipped the app just because there was nothing I liked or wanted to try.

Bingo was SUPER EXPENSIVE!! (40.00, 50.00 or 70.00 for three games) Same with some of the other games they played, a bit expensive for the time it took to play. We missed out on some games because there was just not enough room in the chosen venue to hold everyone.

One other thing I found was the number of fellow passengers who seemed to spend the whole cruise complaining about things. A 20 minute wait for a seat in a restaurant is not a big deal. We wait longer than that at home! When things went wrong, I tried to just shrug it off and go on to the next activity, not call in a manager and complain about trivial things. More

I also found the other passengers to be less friendly than I had expected. Don't get me wrong, some were great, but overall it seemed most people kept to themselves. My husband and I were travelling without the kids and while the crew tried to get folks to meet people at the activities, aside from saying hello, there wasn't a lot of interaction.

Our cabin steward, Roberto, was beyond good. He made such a difference in our experience!! GREAT SERVICE!!

Also, the band from the Manhattan room, they went above and beyond. All the bartenders were good. Wait staff in Taste and Savor was a bit slow, but overall it was good. I wish there was more variety in the menus, but the food tasted good.

Cabin was nice, not huge but we didn't spend a lot of time in there except to sleep so it was fine.

Rock of Ages was great!!

As for us, we are planning a second cruise next year, just not 100 sure if we would stay with NCL or not.... its up in the air at this point. I loved the ship, but maybe I would love another one just as much? Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Sea Lion Encounter

We did the Sea Lion encounter and it was BY FAR the best thing I have ever done on a cruise. The sea lions were so cute and we had a lot of interaction with them. After our sea lion excursion we were allowed to stay on their private beach which was beautiful! Next year we are bringing the kids!!