Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tlcalldritt

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tlcalldritt
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: tlcalldritt
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Fun Cruise to New England & Canada with a few Hiccups!

SHIP - Typical Princess ship - VERY clean and the staff was top-notch! Getting off and back on the ship was smooth and organized. Good food, average entertainment and nice variety of things to do.

FOOD - Food was great and included lots of different kinds of seafood. Italian and German themed nights were both good. Found the Horizon Buffet to be there best bet for all meals - Quick, easy and no need to dress up on a relaxed, laid back cruise.

ENTERTAINMENT - Average entertainment and good variety from the shows all the way down to the Bingo and trivia and even the ice carving demonstrations. WARNING if you are a "bigger" person! The only downfall of the entertainment on this ship was the fact that all of the shows are in the same place, The Princess Theater and the seats in the Princess Theater are the SMALLEST seats I have EVER seen on any cruise!!! Once you pour yourself into the seats, you actually can't wait for the show to be over to wedge yourself out of them!

CASINO - Pay attention when you cash out on a slot machine putting the $ on your cruise card. I won $70 and went to dinner. When I came back an hour later, there was $0 on my card. I asked a casino staff member, he checked my card and told me that I hadn't been there that day at all. It wasn't until I asked for the manager and insisted that they look at their videos to prove that I was there and won $70, that they gave me my $70 I had coming to me - With no apology.

NOTE - As far as I'm concerned Princess spends too much time "trying" to cater to people with money by offering art auctions, champagne pouring photo ops, shopping clinics etc. From what I could see VERY few guests even attended these events and the ones that did, didn't buy a thing. Princess needs to work on keeping the majority of their average guests happy and quit playing it up to those who have money or in reality, pretend to have money. I will say that that the sales onboard of t-shirt, jewelry and other souvenirs were a very good deal!

Publication Date: 11/25/13