“Not what we expected- for older crowds!!!! No night life”
Cruise review of Royal Princess

Kal61281 Royal Princess 3 Not what we expected- for older crowds!!!! No night life
Kal61281
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This cruise was planned as a family trip( total 8 people). Since the ship was new we were sure it was going to be amazing. Well- once we arrived at the Fort Lauderdale embarkation port we realized that 98% of the guest had gray hair and all looked over 60yrs of age. We ranged from 32yrs to 44yrs. Thg process was very slow- lots of canes wheel chairs and elders. The inside of ship had dull colors, nothing bright. We've been on multiple royal carribean cruises and thought this would be a great experience. Majority of the music was jazz and oldies. The only clud with a DJ was playing a few new hits but it was almost empty.

The food was okay, nothing impressive. The waiters were not on top of their game. They forgot who order what on a couple of occasions. The drinks were always 20 mins later. Dining service was slow. They forgot our celebration cake ( which was special request) and I just didn't bother to mention it. Don't expect the funny animals made of towels in your bedroom at night, no such thing. I guess the kind of crowd must not be into that kind of thing. I also tried to book the new Sanctuary. I have news for you! If you are not first on the ship it will be booked within 20. Mins. Then you have to go and attempt to reserve it for the next day. The sanctuary opens at 8am, I got there an hour early and people where already lined up. I am not a crack of dawn wake up person, so I do not want to wake up this early to reserve a chair while I am on vacation! People wake up early and leave a book to reserve the chairs around the pool areas, not considering others.

Only one boutique shop with clothing and one with cosmetics and perfume. Not recommend for young people!!!!! Even the excursions are not adventurous. No Atv or jet ski. Again- older people not into those excursions.

This cruise line attracts older folks. This is their reputation I guess. I wish I would have known earlier before taking my other family members who had never been on a cruise before.

Royal Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin with balcony smaller than your average. Felt cluttered. Most of the times did not get refreshed til noon by room attendant.
Published 11/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Royal Princess Review
Royal Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?