Royal Princess Cruise Review by CruzinisParadise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Royal Princess Cruise Review by CruzinisParadise
Royal Princess
Royal Princess
Member Name: CruzinisParadise
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Spa & Fitness 5+
        3-6 3.0
        10-12 3.0

Royal Princess is a beauty!

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and repeat what most have said, but I do agree with lots of others. This ship was magnificent to look at and oh so beautiful. It really has the "wow" factor when you step onboard. In my opinion, this ship is gorgeous but with design flaws. I didn't feel that it functioned as well as the grand class ships.

Loved my deluxe balcony cabin in the front of the ship. Contrary to what the majority of the ship has to offer in balconies, the front has huge balconies! The movies on demand in the room with the very large TV were a great feature. My children could start a movie and then pick up where they left off later. Loved all the food on the ship and the service was excellent. The expanded horizon court/bistro was great with no traffic flow issues. There are not enough pools for a Caribbean cruise. I was always able to get a lounge chair but I find remote locations away from the action to sit. I wasn't very fond of MUTS being in the main area. It seemed that they weren't able to play as many movies as they usually do. The screen is enormous and clear though. I was very unhappy with how the children's program was run on this ship. They combined the Pelicans (3-7) & the Shockwaves (8-12) groups for the entire cruise. We didn't have a large amount of children onboard but I've been on other Princess ships with a lot less children and they only combine on port days which makes tons of sense to me. Just my opinion again but I think it was the decision of the crew to do this because we had two counselors for each of these two groups (4) in the one room always. Some times there were more counselors. The Pelicans room is fantastic with such a wonderful setup and lots for the little tykes to do. It is such a shame that they only went in twice the entire cruise. Had a great cruise because anything that i said as a negative was not enough to ever ruin a cruise for me or the kiddos. I'm just trying to inform future cruisers as I was informed prior to embarking. I love cruising with Princess and will continue to do so but unless the Royal is going to ports I like, I'll stick with the older ships.

Publication Date: 11/24/13