Disney Dream Cruise Review by Backwash

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
First Ever Cruise! Yes dear! Honeymoon!

Who doesn't love a Adventure? My New Bride had a choice of going on a Road trip to Savannah, Ga. or Disney Cruise? Cruise won out. We had gotten lucky to go on the Disney Dream Built in 2011. This ship is huge.. Being out first time on any cruise It was exciting for us both. The crew were Way past friendly and bending over backwards for us. Which I'm sure they did for all the people on board. Our room was more than I could possible hope to get on such short notice. There are so many thing to do I wish we had a idea of what and where to go. You can get lost here a bit. We both knew that there are children on board so we expected to see the little ones running around. My new wife and I are in our 50's so we have already gone through having children to watch. They have adult sections on board that are just Adults Only. To be Honest I had more trouble with Parents and Grand Parents that felt no shame of holding up the Buffet lines to make sure their little ones had there choice of foods. Really? The kids have no clue as what they want. If anyone with kids reads this get them their food they like and bring it back to were their sitting. Don't Drag the kid through the line and ask about item on the Buffet line.

My particular Beef was the main dinning, which was second shift 8pm. When your stuck with folks you don't know makes it difficult.. If the folks your sitting with turn out to be Duds ( for lack of another word) ask to be moved to the first shift IF there are OPENINGS. I told my child bride I wouldn't give a hoot to sit with these folks ever again and forgo that part the next night. One Example as to why my Move? Guy sticks his hands onto the bread and begins ripping at the bread and eating after dipping into the Olive Oil. I prefer not to have to eat what he just had his hands on and double dipping . Why not two different loafs of bread & oil mix for each couple I'll never know.

My Second Beef was with our first stop Nassau Bahamas. This alone made me stop and think whether I would ever return again. (Most Likely Not at this point) I get enough hassle from work without having to be subjected to all the Locals trying to beat me about the head and shoulders with Taxis, Tours, Guides, Scooter rides etc. I heard other Cruise lines have a escape to avoid this Pain in the Ass! By Diverting their passengers away from the 3 blocks of Hey Mon! and getting in your face.

On the Brighter side, with just a couple my personnel issues. Disney Dream and the Crew deserve credit for what they do. Our Second stop was to Cast Away which is a private Disney island that had a Adult only Beach which my wife & I found Breath Taking. And relaxing.

After departing the ship we found our bags ready to go and uneventful..

A side bar Note had been seeing Mickey, Snow White etc. with these kids warms your heart. The little ones still believe!! The expression on their little faces was simple Magical!

Publication Date: 11/24/13