Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Steve551: Carnival Poker Pro Cruise - 11/9-11/17

Steve551
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Poker Pro Cruise - 11/9-11/17

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our second cruise on the Breeze. So we knew what to expect and weren't disappointed. I observed that the dinner menu was the same as our cruise last year. At least since Carnival began cutting back on food and entertainment it hasn't gotten worse (not better either).

Although the cruise itinerary included 3 islands that we had never visited I was there to play poker. I had won 2 seats to the tournament during previous Carnival cruises so we brought our #3 son and his wife with us.

THE SHIP:

Not many changes since last year. A few more stains and scratches but not bad. We have cruised with every major cruise line and found the Carnival Breeze to once again be a pleasant experience. I just wish that they hadn't cut back on food and entertainment. They still try to ration the bacon on the buffet line :)

I really enjoyed the pasta bar for lunch. The BBQ on sea-days is a nice touch too. The burrito bar & Guy's burgers were good as always. More

Our cabin, 10224, was clean and nice, Sergio took GREAT care of us! Entertainment was fair. We really enjoyed to comedy shows.

STOPS:

Our first stop was Grand Turk. We could see all of Grand Turk from our balcony. We took the "Coast to Coast Grand Turk Safari". It was nice enough and not too long since there's not much distance between the coasts of Grand Turk.

Our second stop was La Romana, Dominican Republic. We took the "Altos De Chavon & River Boat Cruise". DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TOUR. It was by far the worse tour that I have ever experienced...anywhere! Trust me, do not spend $84.99 on this tour, In fact, don't even get off the boat in La Romana.

Our third stop was Curacao. We took the Discover Curacao Island Tour. We loved Curacao! The bad part was that we docked at 2pm (3pm local time) so by the time we returned from our tour it was getting dark and many of the shops closed. The tour was nice, nothing spectacular. Curacao is on our list of places that we will visit again.

Our fourth stop was Aruba. It was our 3rd or 4th visit to Aruba. I wasn't going to get off the ship but my wife "shamed" me into it. I am so glad that I listened to her... We took the Natural Pool Off-Road Adventure. Other than playing poker this was the highlight of my cruise. This was the very best tour that I have had on Aruba. In fact it was one of the best I've had on any of the islands. I highly recommend this tour, worth the $99.99 per adult.

POKER TOURNAMENT:

I finished in 22nd place (out of 332) so I got a little money. The cash tables were a little kinder too me. I've already booked a cabin for the 2014 PokerPro tournament on the Dream.

SUMMARY:

Good cruise! No major complaints that would prevent me from sailing on the Breeze again. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>