Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Kkrm1018: Fabulous ship, but rough seas

Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 6.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous ship, but rough seas

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise, but not our first cruise. We were very impressed with the ship and amenities especially the Adventure Ocean kids' program. We had both teens and young children sailing with us and they all loved the activities that were offered. The entertainment options were excellent for everyone. The Windjammer buffet was great. Dinner in the main dining room was good and the wait staff went out of their way to keep the kids happy. My only complaint about dining is that the "my time dining" option isn't really what it is described to be. We were still required to make a reservation and it wasn't even a time that we wanted. Also, I booked the character breakfast online and the reservation was somehow cancelled. Neither the dining staff nor guest relations were helpful in getting another reservation for that experience.

The weather prevented us from getting to Coco Cay and the seas were so rough that almost all of us were sea sick for the first day More and a half and again on the last day at sea. Our cabin was great with lots of storage space and enough room for our family of five, but it's forward location aggravated the sea sickness. The ports, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, were lovely. We all loved St. Maarten. My husband and brother in law took the ATV excursion in St. Maarten and thought it was fabulous and the best way to tour an island.

All in all it was a great trip. We have only sailed on Carnival before and I think I would sail on either cruise line. I honestly can't see a big difference in quality on RCL, but the kids program was better. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>