Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ncpiggie

Carnival Fantasy
Member Name: ncpiggie
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Charleston
See More About: Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Great Time

This was the first time in a long time that we traveled with Carnival Cruise lines. It was my husband and myself. We had a great time. Our Cabin was on deck 6 midship and a perfect location. While I worried it would be noisy it was not. We were by 2 sets of elevators and one deck up from the anytime dinning room. Service was excellent both in our cabin and in the dinning room. Our waiter Andrew and Ida were wonderful and we requested a table in their section every night. The ship wasn't too big and we found our way around quickly. It was easy to navigate. The comedy shows on board were fantastic. I liked that they had a family friendly show and then an adult show. I was a little disappointed with the number of shows in the showroom though. When we have been on other ships they have had an early and late show (both the same). If they hadn't had the comic shows I would have been extremely disappointed. I have also had better food for the daytime but the evening meal was great! We stayed in Summerville about a 20 minute drive from Charleston which had good rates. We set up a shuttle service to the port and they were fantastic and they met us after the cruise as well. They handled the suitcases and dropped us at the door!

Our first stop was Grand Turk Island. This is a beautiful place. The ship docked and you walked a short way right to the beach and shopping. We did an excursion here on a semi submersible sub. I am not sure we would do it again but it was nice to say we did it. The sub was warm and it seemed like the other side of the sub was seeing more than we were.

Our next stop was Half Moon Cay the ships private island. We spent the day at the beach and had a wonderful time. You could use your ship card to rent cabanas and equipment. I wish they had told us that before we went. They also served us lunch on the island and it was very good. They had a bar set up too! The water was clear and warm

Our last stop was Nassau. We also did an excursion here with the power scuba. It was fun and a great time. The instructors were attentive while we were in the water and gave great instructions. The water was very choppy that day but not the excursions fault.

Disembarkation was easy and organized. No complaints really with this cruise!

Publication Date: 11/24/13