Royal Princess Cruise Review by MrsDiceman

Royal Princess
Royal Princess
Member Name: MrsDiceman
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Very Disappointed! Will never cruise with Princess again!

First off let me say the ship was beautiful. But way too many negatives on this ship to make it enjoyable. Check-in process was a nightmare. The man who checked us in (my husband & I) was in such a big hurry to get us through, he forgot to give us the information that our itinerary had changed. Hmmmm! That's kind of important to me.

The elevators.......another nightmare, get used to taking the stairs. And there's no way to get around midship. We both got the soda package, what a waste of money. The ice tasted like medicine, so we had to get our soda with no ice. And the soda was horrible, it didn't even taste like coke, it was horrible.The air-conditioning in our stateroom didn't work very well. After getting showers & getting dressed (especially on formal nights) we were sweating, we couldn't wait to get out of the room to cool off.

Was not impressed with the food, especially the food in the dining room. Alot of the people (staff included) were not very friendly, especially one of the head waiters in the dining room, he was very rude, he shouldn't be working around the public. I wish I would have got his name. My husband was turned away on a smart casual night in the dining room because he had docker shorts on & a nice polo shirt. Come on people we are in the Caribbean! The head waiter told him he couldn't come in because of the shorts but our last night on the ship it was smart casual so my husband wore slacks & we went to the dining room and guess what???? There were other men there with shorts on. So when my husband confronted the about it, he got really smart with him about it. Totally unacceptable! What happened to "the customer is always right" not on this cruise line. Hmmmm an apology would have been nice.

Not enough swimming pools. We got to the pool at 9:00-9:30am, all the chairs had towels & personal belongings on them, we were lucky to find 2 chairs. They put in the Princess Patter that you are not allowed to save lounge chairs at the pool, any chair left unattended for 30 minutes, all personal belongings will be removed. Another lie. We knew someone that saved chairs for 3 hours. When my husband confronted the man over the pool area about this, he said all cruise lines do this (meaning saving chairs) That was beside the point. There were alot of other issues but these were the main ones. Needless to say.....we spent over $3000 for this cruise, the service was terrible, the staff was rude. We will never cruise with Princess again. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean twice and will do it again. Never had these problems on RC. I think Princess should take some advice from Royal Carribean on how to operate a cruise ship.

Publication Date: 11/24/13