Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Pat Burgoyne: Nice ship, great accommodations, prefer set dining!

Pat Burgoyne
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Nice ship, great accommodations, prefer set dining!

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We attended a conference. Our room was ready not long after we boarded. It was very clean and roomy. Our room steward was in and out when we would leave and we always had a clean room. He was very efficient. All of the public rooms were nice. We weren't able to attend any of the activities as we were busy attending our conference.

I was disappointed with the entertainlment on-board. I was very offended by Rock of Ages. Bad language was not necessary nor did it enhance the performance. I missed Burn the Floor which i really wanted to see. Fire and Ice was also spectacular. Guess I am used to going to dinner at a specific time and then attending the entertainment at a specific time. Maybe it is my age as there are just as many who love the anytime dining as those who prefer the more formal two seatings!! I enjoy the formal nights and missed seeing the well dressed people at dinner as a whole. People just don't seem to care how they look anymore. I also think that there is a More lack of manners in the northeast as compared with the south. Enjoyed the casino. Dealers were very friendly and fun!!

Had some of the best Sushi ever in the specialty restaurant. We also ate at the Bistro and Brazillian Steak house )cant remember the names. Good value at all three. Found the Manhatten Dining room to be very noisy and impersonal. Therefore we ate at Taste and Savor which we liked.

Very easy getting on and off in Bermuda. Ferries to St . George filled up too fast. Seems like shore officials should anticipate the crowds to better facilitate passengers going to Hamilton and St. George. The RC ship docked and cleared before we did so it created a huge mess on-shore.

Excursion officials very helpful. Unknowingly, we booked the wrong shorkeling excursion. Realized it when we were waiting on the dock to be picked up. Mentioned i wish we had booked the upgraded excursion. Person in charge asked if we wanted to go on the other one and I said yes. Luckily there were 2 openings and she made the change. It was great!!!

Good value cruise for money. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Snorkeling

As I mentioned we had booked the cheaper excursion. We were able to upgrade on the dock while waiting to go. Glad we did. Very nice!!