Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Pat Burgoyne

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Pat Burgoyne
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: Pat Burgoyne
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Shore Excursions 5+

Nice ship, great accommodations, prefer set dining!

We attended a conference. Our room was ready not long after we boarded. It was very clean and roomy. Our room steward was in and out when we would leave and we always had a clean room. He was very efficient. All of the public rooms were nice. We weren't able to attend any of the activities as we were busy attending our conference.

I was disappointed with the entertainlment on-board. I was very offended by Rock of Ages. Bad language was not necessary nor did it enhance the performance. I missed Burn the Floor which i really wanted to see. Fire and Ice was also spectacular. Guess I am used to going to dinner at a specific time and then attending the entertainment at a specific time. Maybe it is my age as there are just as many who love the anytime dining as those who prefer the more formal two seatings!! I enjoy the formal nights and missed seeing the well dressed people at dinner as a whole. People just don't seem to care how they look anymore. I also think that there is a lack of manners in the northeast as compared with the south. Enjoyed the casino. Dealers were very friendly and fun!!

Had some of the best Sushi ever in the specialty restaurant. We also ate at the Bistro and Brazillian Steak house )cant remember the names. Good value at all three. Found the Manhatten Dining room to be very noisy and impersonal. Therefore we ate at Taste and Savor which we liked.

Very easy getting on and off in Bermuda. Ferries to St . George filled up too fast. Seems like shore officials should anticipate the crowds to better facilitate passengers going to Hamilton and St. George. The RC ship docked and cleared before we did so it created a huge mess on-shore.

Excursion officials very helpful. Unknowingly, we booked the wrong shorkeling excursion. Realized it when we were waiting on the dock to be picked up. Mentioned i wish we had booked the upgraded excursion. Person in charge asked if we wanted to go on the other one and I said yes. Luckily there were 2 openings and she made the change. It was great!!!

Good value cruise for money.

Publication Date: 11/24/13