Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by LadyTrucker

Member Name: LadyTrucker
Cruise Date: November 2013
Spa & Fitness 5+

Was Okay but not for me

First off this was my second cruise so I am by far not an expert, this is just my experience and my opinion. We sailed on the Carnival Liberty on November 9th through the 16th of this year. When we first got on board everything was so amazing. I loved the atrium and we were able to put money on our sail and sign cards right away to buy drinks with. I was NOT impressed with the drinking plan that they kept trying to get us to buy at every turn. Also when we boarded there was no one taking pictures.

We got to our room after 1:30pm and were very disappointed. The countertops were dirty, dirty towels in a cupboard and an empty soda can in another. We contacted housekeeping and waited...and waited...and finally someone came (we were not sure who he was or what his job was, and he definitely had a hard time understanding us) and we pointed out the wrong things and he attempted to make the best. Wasn't that good though and we spent an uncomfortable night (there was no thingy in the middle of the bed to make the two twin beds into a king) we finally decided to go to guest services to complain after finding out the fridge was not working either. Later on that day we were pleasantly surprised at the new room steward and how they did everything they could to make our stay wonderful. No complaints about our room after that. But isn't that how it should have started??

The noise. We were by an elevator which was convenient but you also get to hear all the drunks and kids coming and going. Gets to be annoying. Even after placing a rolled up towel under the door. Live and learn.

I would not recommend this ship if you are an adult and want to spend a lot of time on the Serenity Deck. While it is beautiful and quiet some of the time, Camp Carnival is right by it and we have video of how annoying the screaming and shrieking children can be. Also never saw a deck empty so fast.

We tried to enjoy some of the entertainment but were not impressed. We could not wait to get up and leave. I understand this is not Broadway or Las Vegas, but really. A female singer trying to do Michael Jackson??? And do not get me started on their tribute to music (?) though the ages.

While Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Taco bar were both good there is only so many times you can eat there before you get burned out. The Buffet was ok but so many people and kids it was definitely not for me. We only tried the dining room once and were impressed with the food. I wished we would have went there earlier. The only drawback is there is really no private areas for dining alone there. We did use room service and were also very impressed with the food and service from there. The pizza is a definite NO!!! NOT!!! DO NOT TRY!!! It was horrid and we were very disappointed in this as the pizza on the Ecstasy 2 years ago was great.

Getting around was very easy to learn and every Carnival crew member was ready to help with anything.

Basically I think I want to try a different cruise line or go back to the smaller ships. I like the more intimate feeling you have with the smaller ship and would like to see if another cruise line has better food and entertainment.

Publication Date: 11/24/13