Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by kaylee0206

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by kaylee0206
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Fascination
Member Name: kaylee0206
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Jacksonville
Destination: Bahamas
        7-9 6.0

Loving intimate concerts with Ronnie Mcdowell

This was the first cruise for my party. We were checked in quickly and entered our home for 5 days. I was a little disappointed because our travel agent had told me that we had a balcony. It was written on my contract. The cabin that we had was small, but my granddaughter was excited about her bunk bed. It was so sweet that every night she had a different animal made from towels. Our steward was awesome. He always knew our names and would squat down to eye level to ask if she was enjoying her cruise. He made sure that we had ice to keep my daughter's insulin cold.

Carnival Cruise Lines had the greatest employees. I was amazed that everyone was always helpful. Kid's camp was super. It was kind of pricey, but Kaylee loved it. She attended it every night.

We enjoyed all of the entertainment. We attended all the shows and the comedians also. We went on the cruise because Ronnie Mcdowell had intimate concerts for his fans. We also enjoyed the nightly shows with Jody Mcddowell. It was really nice to not have to worry about someone stepping on your toes nor standing to let someone get to their seat.

Our only disappointment was the food. We ate cheeseburgers, fries and chicken strips every day. Friends that had been on cruises had told us about the great food. They told us that the buffets were awesome and that you could eat 24/7. We never found the buffets that they were talking about. My granddaughter enjoyed the pool. We had to drag her out to go eat. She loved everything except the last day when we had rough seas.

I enjoyed the casino. I won $117.50. When I asked the steward how to get my money, he told me that it would be on my account. When I got my total charges there was no credit. They charged my debit card for the whole amount. At customer service I was told that I should have cashed out when I won. I told her what I had been told. She checked and said yes you to have a credit, but you can's get it now because the casino was closed. She told me that I would get a check in the mail in three or four weeks. It has been over seven weeks and still no check. What's up with that? Will I ever get my money? It would be a start for my next cruise. I would appreciate if someone would let me know what is going on. All in all, the cruise was pretty good. I would do it again. Thanks.

Publication Date: 11/24/13