Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by yangoora

Member Name: yangoora
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Great Experience

As this was my first Royal Caribbean cruise I was somewhat apprehensive as I had read all the reviews of this ship and some of them were not at all complimentary. Can I just say don't listen to all the negatives of a ship but experience it for yourself and you won't be disappointed.

CHECK-IN: The new Marina Bay terminal in Singapore was our point of departure and from the time we arrived at the terminal until boarding the ship could have been no longer than 20 minutes and there was also another cruise ship boarding passengers at the same time. Other cruise terminals could take a leaf out of Singapore's book in regards to this amazing terminal.As our cabins were not ready we were ushered to the Windjammer cafe for lunch and not long after this we were told our cabins were ready.

STATEROOMS: We had a superior balcony cabin on deck 9 and it was fantastic. New beds had been installed and they were very comfortable. One disappointment was the lack of toiletries in the bathroom except for a wall unit in the shower providing some kind of shampoo/conditioner and a cake of soap. Fortunately we had our own. Our cabin steward,Max was always available and kept the stateroom spotless.

FOOD: This was a bit disappointing. First of all we had requested My Time Dining and got early dining even though we had booked the cruise 11 months ahead. It seems that priority was given to Suite and Past passengers. We were able to change to the Late Dining because we met some passengers who wanted Early Dining. The food was just OK in all the dining venues. We dined 3 times in the specialty restaurant Portifino's and the service was excellent but although we had paid a premium for this I can only say that it does not come up to the standard of other premium restaurants on other ships I have sailed on. Room service was fantastic and always on time.

ACTIIVIES/SHORE EXCURSIONS: Our only shore excursion was the Makan Makan Shopping Tour to Kuala Lumpur and this proved to be a huge disappointment to all of the passengers on our bus. Whoever organised this tour should understand that when we want a shopping tour this is what it must be. Not taking time out to go to a Bakuteh restaurant. Most of the people on the bus opted out from this and we were taken to a great shopping mall where we only had 40 minutes to shop!!! Then we went to the Petronas Towers Mall which proved to be ridiculously expensive in every shop. I found out later that the city of Klang had some really good shopping malls at very reasonable prices and was only 15minutes from the pier. So take heed RCL. Malaysia is a great shopping destination and some of your guests may only want to SHOP.

Shipboard activities were not high on our list as we spent most of our sea time swimming and sunbaking so I can't make a comment on these.I would like to commend RCL on arranging the Walk to Wishes and other cruise lines should take this on as well and it is a great fundraiser for charity and thank you to all the ship's officers including Captain Charles who participated in the walk as well.

SHOWS: The Ice Show was absolutely amazing and stood out from all the other shows. Our cruise director Luke Arrowsmith was excellent. Didn't go to many main theatre shows but the ones we saw were pretty forgettable. Loved the Dreamworks parade. Costumes were incredible.

DISEMBARKING IN SYDNEY: Once again a very smooth transition from ship to shore and finding luggage was so easy prior to leaving the terminal.

All in all I have to say it was an amazing trip and I would go on the Voyager of the Seas again in a heartbeat.

Publication Date: 11/23/13