Carnival Ecstasy 5

“Ecstasy Rocks...In a Good Way”
Cruise review of Carnival Ecstasy

underwoodhill1
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Ecstasy - Loved it! The staff must have been "Disney" trained because they went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable! Food was outstanding - only had one dish that I was not happy with (lobster bisque) but everything else was very tasteful. The ship was super clean and although it's an older ship, it is well maintained. Our dinner staff was entertaining; the cabin steward was always there when we needed him and made us feel like he was there JUST to take care of the two of us!! We even asked the Captain to take a picture with our group and he happily agreed. One disappointment: the Chef's Table was cancelled due to lack of interest. I was most excited to attend the Chef's Table because I had done this before. I would suggest promoting it better...well worth the money!!

I live in a tropical area so doing the excursions in port is of no interest to me so the Chef's Table was going to be my only "excursion" but no worries More Carnival, I found other ways to spend my money! We left the boat and walked around Freeport and Nassau and found great restaurants and the usual island shopping markets. This was my first trip to Half Moon Cay and proved to be a very enjoyable day. Surprisingly, one of my best meals was the lunch served on the island!

We loved our Entertainment Director, George and also spent time talking to Ryan, one of the hosts; once we spoke to him, he recognized us the rest of the cruise and again, made us feel special. This was only my 2nd cruise so I don't have alot to compare with but overall, I would rate this cruise 5 of 5 because it exceeded all of my expectations.

Our cabin was clean and well maintained. When we arrived, the twin beds were beside each other, separated by a night stand. We moved one bed over to the opposite wall and that cleared the floor and gave us more room. The closet had plenty of hangers and space to place everything. Once we unpacked, we just slid out large suitcases under the bed and had plenty of room. Window was a bit creeky when we were in high waves. The beds were super comfortable. Rooms are very sound proof and wondered if we actually had anyone staying around us because it was so quiet but we saw someone going into a room next to us proved that the rooms were very insulated. Only 1 complaint: outside window was a little dirty so it was difficult to get good pictures from our room.....Otherwise, loved the large ocean view window! Less

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Published 11/22/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?