Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Sara Maxwell

Member Name: Sara Maxwell
Email: SMax136242@cs.com
Cruise Date: May 2003
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Pride - Western Caribbean

My husband and I are ages 35 and 33 years old and this was our second carnival cruise and this was by far the BEST!!!! We sailed out of Port Canaveral and the experience was very fast and pleasant. If you arrive earlier than they tell you too we have found that most all the time they allow you to start boarding early and the lines are almost nonexistent.

After arriving we settled in our awesome balcony room and the first thing I did was book an appointment with the spa. (If you do not do it the first day it is questionable weather you will find an opening.) The only thing I did was get my hair done for formal night and a facial.The other procedures from past experience was a big waste of time and money. Secondly, we booked reservations at David's Supperclub for $25/pp. Also they book very quickly. If you would enjoy awesome service and atmosphere I would definitely eat at David's however other that the food being displayed wonderfully the food was just as good in the main dining room.

We chose not to do any off shore excursions because we could find them alot cheaper on the island however; when listening to Carnival they discourage this because they will not be making the money off of them. We went to Cozumel, Belize, Progresso(meridia) and Key West. I will tell anyone if you go to Cozumel there are three musts 1. go shopping downtown-great deals 2. beat lunch downtown at Pancho's Backyard-best real mexican food in your life cheap and the best margaritas I have ever had. 3. Chauchanaub beach is approx $7/pp and they have grass huts to lay under w/chairs and waiters to come serve you anything to drink. It was sooo relaxing. The other cities were great for scheduled tours.

The one thing I can stress to all males who are addicted to sports... they have a sports bar on the ship but "NO SPORTS CHANNELS NOT EVEN ESPN". Two things to take on the ship is an alarm clock and an extra plug outlet(they only have one plug in the room making it impossible to plug up two things at once).The pool chairs fill up very early in the morning and by 8:30 there are none available except upstairs. The pictures they take on each formal night turn our great however it is $20.00 for each 8x10 and additional to make other sizes. My husband actually won over $3500 at the black jack table but according to the staff that is very rare. We hear alot of people say they were never in there room but we enjoyed our balcony so much we stayed in our room alot in the afternoon. I can not say enough about the great time we had on the Pride.

Disembarking seamed to take forever to get off the ship because they call different colors one at a time. Be patient and do not book a flight early morning.We plan to take our boys on the next cruise out of Galveston in summer of 2004.

Sara Maxwell