Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by LWiening: Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

LWiening
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 1.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2006

We we're joined on Our cruise with my husbands 13 year old daughter & her 12 year old friend.

Before we left Chicago we had all of the information printed that we had needed for Our funpass.

We arrived in Miami 2 days before Our sailing just in case the weather did not agree to be nice so that we were sure to be able to not miss the ship.

We have stayed at The Marriott,The Sheraton in Bayside before but this time we chose The Intercontinental hotel. Their service was out of this world & we were able to see the port at a different view this time.

On Saturday 16th we arrived at the Port at 10:30 am. We were process quite quickly but then waited until 12:30 to board the ship. Passengers from the previous cruise were still disembarking at 12:00.

Once we were allowed on the ship we were still not able to go to Our cabin . I always suggest having your bags checked in for this reason. We enjoyed a nice lunch in the South Beach More Restaurant then proceeded to walk around the ship.

After experiencing The Legend where the deck plans are smooth to get around this ship was somewhat of a headache trying to figure which way to go. We did discover that if you go down to deck 2 it will get you anywhere on the ship from there.

We did the Muster drill & we set sail around 5. We were the first ship out of port.

While my husband was taking the girls to the Camp meeting at 7:15 I had adventured ahead to Our table. Our waiter who was leading I had no idea where Our table was at. The funniest thing was he was Our waiter as we discovered when it was time to order. \We had a little problem to get the 12year old in the 13-14 group because she was going to be 13 in three months. But after a few words she was permitted. This boat had allot of children on but you did not she that many unruly ones.

Our first Port Was Monday December 18th Puerto Rico. I know that there have been plenty that has stated that this is a wasted stop. But with research you can discovered online (plus they have information booths near the ship) a walking tour. We enjoyed it because we really did get to see everything we wanted, were able to shop & eat. The one thing we discovered is that even Stores like Guess do not overly decorate there for Christmas like they do here. It seems everywhere we went the Three wisemen were displayed.

Our Second Port was December 19th St Thomas. You are able to catch a taxi right outside the gate to see All of St Thomas. We took a Taxi to see the island then we were dropped off in front of BlackBeards Castle(I do not recommend paying the $12.00 per person for this tour)From there We walked the 103 steps down to town where there were tons of Jewelry stores & what not. Save your money for St Martin it is allot more inexpensive.

Our last port was December 20th St. Maarten, This is probably Our favorite port. We divided up I went with the cruise line tour The Best of St Maarten & My husband & girls took a tour from a Taxi. This island has poor sections as all do & wonderful looking scenic views. It was interesting to go to the beach ( I am not sure the name but it is where the hurricane it a hotel in 95 that never rebuilt.) Once you are back to the ship adventure to town which is 15 minutes away walking. There were so many unique stores that were worth the price for Rum & tokens.

The ship was a little wore down. None of the hot tubs worked only were working during the first day as you are embarking. The Hong Kong noodle company had major water problem so they had to put it by the pool in one of the buffet areas. We never saw 24 hour pizza & the hamburgers at the grill I do not recommend. Stick with the minute steak it is more tastier.

It seemed that there were cutbacks especially at Breakfast buffet because they didn't have a change in selection each day & the food choice was minimum.

We definitely will cruise with Carnival but We are going to stick with the boats laid out like Legend. Way to confusing... Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>