Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by dive boy

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: js
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
This is was my 7th cruise. The third with Royal Caribbean. I had read different comments on the Majesty prior to sailing and must admit it wasn't what I expected. Check in went very quickly. When we reached our deck their was a crew member to direct us to our cabin. As luck would have it our luggage was sitting there and it was brought to our cabin right away. We booked a Jr.Suite because we wanted a balcony. In spite of some of the comments the cabin was clean and in good shape despite it's age. Our cabin steward Richard took very good care of us. The public areas were decorated for the holidays and looked very nice. The Windjammer Cafe was smaller than what I was used to and seating could be a problem during peak times, however that will addressed when the ship goes into dry dock next month. The pool area was fine. Plenty of places to sit. The carpet in the pool area needs to and will be replaced. The Mayfair dinning room is on one level and was pleasant. The food and service was very good. We had late seating and seemed to be one of the last tables to leave every night. The entertainment (the production show) was good. They had a pool party/midnight buffet on the second night and it was a blast. The entire crew did a great job. Over all the experience was good. This is was the first 4 night cruise I've done. I would like to sail on the Majesty again once the work has been done on it. I spite of the comments the ship is in good shape for it's age and the service was very good.

Publication Date: 12/22/06