Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by sdg

7-9 3.0
        10-12 3.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
EMBARKATION: Embarkation was a breeze. Staff very nice and helpful.

CABIN: Small but cozy. There were four of us. My husband and two kids. Very clean. Cabin steward visible and willing to offer any assistance needed. Kept cabin clean, although I bought my own lysol and hard surface clorox on board just to be sure in light of recent norovirus outbreaks. I was in category H which is in the 'bowels' of the ship. I will sail this ship again...but will definitely upgrade to a higher category. I wouldn't recommend this category for anyone. You feel the anchor dropping and the rocking of the ship. As you go higher on the ship you feel nothing. Very smooth. Cabin Steward (2 thumbs up); Cabin location (2 thumbs down)...

STAFF: ALL Staff was very friendly. THEY ROCK! They acknowledged you in the hallways. Met you eye to eye with a greeting, whether they were cleaning or whatever. Kudos to the Captain, Cruise Director and RCI for great training. 2 BIG Thumbs up!

CLEANLINESS Impressed by cleanliness of ship. Automatic hand sanitizers everywhere! Staff very diligent to clean all areas throughout entire day. As we disembarked at the end of our cruise, we saw the crew all over like "ants" disinfecting the ship for the next load of passengers. Impressive indeed. 2 thumbs up

ACTIVITIES Lots of activity to choose from. Although I wished they would deliver the daily activity for children to the stateroom as they do the daily Compass. We had to go to the 11th floor to pick the information up...this proved time consuming because of the slow elevators. My children missed out on a lot of activities. So if you are traveling with kids...get in on the first day so you'll know what's going on. 1 1//2 thumbs up on Children Activities. 2 Thumbs up on all other activities.

COCO CAY Very nice. Two Thumbs Up!

DRINKS I never felt 'harassed' by anyone to purchase drinks. Of course you saw the drink vendors...but your purchased if you wanted to. I was never approached by anyone. Two Thumbs up!

DINING EXCELLENT! Service was great, waiters were friendly. They made a concerted effort to remember everyone's first name and did a great job at it!. The food is great. I have always experienced great food on RCI. TWO BIG THUMBS UP! On the morning of disembarkation, we didn't feel like we were being rushed off by the waiters during open seating. They served the same menu as all other days, the waiters were very patient and willing to give us whatever we needed. Again TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

They also offered a "light menu" for the waistline conscience. Although I ignored this option...I have to give them 2 BIG THUMBS UP on this one too.

CHILDREN ACTIVITIES As mentioned before, they need to deliver the daily list of activities to your cabin so you'll know what's going on. My kids missed out on a lot. NEvertheless they had a great time. One word...I wasn't impressed with the 'personality' of the young guy (mid 20's) checking children in at Adventure Ocean on Saturday night. He wasn't as friendly as the rest of the crew and seemed a little dry. Lacked expression even when interacting with the children. In closing, the children activities were plentiful and very enjoyable to those who participated. 1 1/2 thumbs up! One word of caution...if your children of of different age groups (for example one is 5 the other 7) they will not allow them in the same Adventure Ocean group. This was a bummer for us. My 5 year old simply would not stay without his 7 year old friend. This was a BIG disappointment to them both. RCI has a strict age policy.

FITNESS FACILITY: This thing ROCKS! Great music. Great location. Clean..all the latest equipment. 2 BIG THUMBS UP!

NIGHT LIFE / SHOWS Great shows, class productions on Friday and Sunday nights. (2 thumbs up!) However on the second night they had a comedian juggler who was funny but the juggling just went on too long. This was the entire show! I thought he'd juggle, say a couple of jokes then get off the stage. Don't get me wrong, he was very good, but it was overkill. He juggled for one full hours. 1 thumbs up.

PHOTO's Great Photographers. No Hassles. Take advantage of the casual pics (no rules). That 'gal' is great! Very creative. Makes for great memories. I didn't get to take advantage of this, but those traveling with us did. GREAT PHOTOS. 2 BIG THUMBS UP.

OVERALL RATING For those looking for a quick weekend getaway. I say go for it. It's worth the money and the time away is relaxing. I give them 2 big thumbs up and a 4 1/2 shell rating? Will I sail again? definitely! Majesty goes into dry dock on January 12th for complete refurbishment. We saw signs of preparation for it while on board. I can't wait to see the new and improved Majesty. Majesty of the Seas ROCKS!

Publication Date: 12/20/06