Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jvogle

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
We were very disappointed with this particular cruise which was done over Thanksgiving week.

The only good points were the embarkation and debarkation. They were the best we were have had. We didn't feel like cattle being herded.

We choice not to eat in the specialty restaurants. We always eat in the restaurants rather than at the buffets. However, the restaurants were NOT open for all three meals. You were forced to eat the buffet for lunch most of the trip! The food was dried out and not hot!

We had an inside cabin -- it was so small you could not walk around the entire bed but had to climb over! It was only 121 sq ft. Could they spare the room!!!

The cabin steward was very good. He did an excellent job and was never in sight! The dining room was another matter. Often the staff forgot to bring something even though they wrote the order down! The food was about the quality of Denny's. I could not believe they could ruin the usual for Thanksgiving --but they did! They only had Turkey, stuffing, gravy and so-called candied yams and pumpkin pie. I have never been so disappointed and I am not a fussy eater. Everyone we spoke with had the same opinion about the food and general service. They ran out of bananas, grapefruit and bacon the last day of the trip.

I cannot comment on most of the on-board activities as we did not participate. We did attend the shows in the theater. They were okay although I had seen better productions on both Carnival and Holland America.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE BINGO -- NOT ABOARD THIS SHIP!!!

I am very much opposed to this "automatically added gratuity" because I find that the staff is not as diligent about their jobs. I had to ask three times for more hangers from housekeeping.

The shore excursions were wonderful -- we enjoyed those thoroughly but they are not run by Norwegian. Maybe that is why they were so good! Also the tour guide is working for a generous tip and you can tell by how pleasant they are are.

My recommendation -- if you want to go on a cruise to Hawaii leave from California and go with a different cruise line.

WE WERE SO UNHAPPY THAT WE WILL NEVER CRUISE NORWEGIAN AGAIN!!!

Publication Date: 12/08/06