Carnival Legend Cruise Review by melissaforrest

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Legend Cruise Review by melissaforrest
Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend
Member Name: melissaforrest
Cruise Date: October 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean
Overall this was a good cruise.

The food was good on the Lido deck and excellent in the dining room. Our wait staff was amazing. I mentioned I had never tried caviar before and they brought me a huge cupful of it. I didn't try the supper club. I would have liked more day to day variety on the breakfast buffets. I didn't get to try the dining room breakfasts. Room service was good, but a little slow.

There was lots of entertainment on board, so much that I couldn't get to everything I wanted to.

My cabin steward was great. I had a can of pop on my dresser, and he put it in my ice bucket and put ice around it, so it would be cold. My room was always very clean and my bed nicely made. The bed was awesome! I want to order one from Carnival-it is much more comfy than my own at home.

The wait staff in Satchmo's Lounge were fantastic. At a reception held there, they gave out alcoholic beverages, and since I don't drink, they always had a special nonalcoholic drink on their tray for me when they came over to our area. It was very different from the art auctions (see below).

There are a few complaints though:

I had a hard time getting anyone to answer any questions when I would call from my cabin on the phone, if I could ever get anyone at all.

I went to several art auctions, where we were offered free champagne. Since I don't drink alcohol, I would ask if there was something else I could have and was told no! Even a water would have been fine, but they just flatly said no, and didn't offer to get water or anything else.

I went on the Virgin Gorda tour and since I didn't want to risk breaking my digital camera while climbing over the rocks, I ordered the DVD of this shore excursion. When it was ready, I paid for it, then realized it was not the right DVD. I asked to exchange it for the correct one, and they told me they had sold mine and that was the last DVD left. I told them I didn't want that one, so would like my money back. They didn't want to do that either. Finally when I told them I wasn't leaving until I got my money back, they got a manager to come and fix it, which took about 20 minutes.

My biggest complaint though was the amount of cigarette smoking areas on this cruise. It seemed like everywhere you went, you had to go through a smoking area, including waiting in line for the dining room. I realize I am extra sensitive to it, but there were a lot of people in our group complaining about it, including a woman whose companion was a smoker.

I can see this is definitely a party ship, what with all the drinking, smoking and gambling. Even though I am a young, single female, this is obviously not the ship for me. I would also hesitate if I had young children going with me.

Publication Date: 12/08/06