“Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

caribdiver Carnival Conquest 5 Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
caribdiver
Member Since 2003
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was a good cruise: overall we had a great time and felt this cruise was an excellent value. The Conquest is a very well-run and well-maintained ship.

1.Itinerary. Decent itinerary with 3 fun stops. (We always book our own shore excursions)

- Montego Bay, Jamaica. Spent a beach day at Doctor's Cave Beach. Beautiful and reasonably priced.

- Georgetown Grand Cayman. Did a shore-dive with Eden Rock Dive Center. Very convenient, reasonably priced and near the pier.

- Cozumel. Did a 2-tank boat dive with Dive with Martin. As usual the diving was spectacular and the folks at the dive shop were great, safe, fun, and inexpensive. IMHO best dive shop in Cozumel.

Note: I'm glad we had an 8 p.m. seating......we were not rushed coming back from ports of call.

2. Crew/service. Excellent. Cabin service and dining room service were truly outstanding. Best table team we've seen in 19 cruises. You will feel pampered. I think Carnival has really improved in this area.

3. Food. Overall, excellent. There were good beef and seafood options every night. Appetizers and desserts were so-so compared to other cruise lines. Breakfast and lunch buffets were so-so, but breakfast and lunch were very good in the dining room. Buffet lines were sometimes long. The deli and the grill were outstanding. The 24 hour pizza was OK. Room service was reliable.

4. Entertainment. My wife is a musician and I depend on her for this evaluation. Entertainment was good. The singers/dancers were good. The classical musical group was excellent. The miscellaneous stage shows (comedy, magic) were OK. The evening shows are worth going to.

5. Cabins. Ours was clean, well-maintained, spacious.

6. Embarkation/Debarkation: Embarkation was poor; we waited in line for almost two hours. We arrived at the pier just after noon; next time I would wait until 2 or 3 to board. Debarkation was better although I wouldn't recommend a flight out of Houston before 11 a.m.

Note: we arrived the day before departure and stayed at the Ramada Limited on Seawall. This motel was clean, very convenient and reasonably priced. Free parking while cruising and an easy 30-minute from the pier.

7. The Ship. Well maintained, reasonably clean and in good repair. Excellent gym, with lots of equipment, whirlpool, and saunas. Public areas were kept mostly clean. I wish the smoking areas were better enforced; had to move a few times to escape cigarette and cigar smoke.

8. Passengers. Very friendly passengers; mostly Texans and Midwesterners representing all ages including a fair number of well-behaved kids. The families we met liked the kids program.

Feel free to email questions to Bill Grier at skpr9354@hotmail.com

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?