Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Hope&Faith: Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Hope&Faith
0 Post

Family & Children 5.5
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: November 2006

This was our third cruise in three years, we have been on Celebrity and RCCL's Navigator and now Freedom. This trip was the most fun for us. It may have been due to the fact that we travelled with family or it may have been the ship itself.

First the virus thing. Out of 6 of us only I got sick and luckily it was Saturday evening so not much cruise time was lost, the travel back home was a bit difficult but, after such a great week, who cares! The ship was constantly being cleaned and, they refused to let passengers touch the food in Windjammer in an attempt to control the virus. Had they done nothing, the entire ship would have been sick but, they did what I believe was the most they could aside from turning around and heading back to Miami.

Every employee with exception to the front desk people were all extremely nice with Good Morning, afternoon or evening every time I walked by even if I just past a second ago, the same person acknowledged me.

I have More cruised with Ken Rush before and he did not disappoint again. He is extremely accommodating and very, very funny.

We had the pleasure of attending the Nelson Brothers concert and it was great. I am not old enough to remember Ricky Nelson but, I knew his songs as well as their own.

This ship is a big WOW!. There is so much to do that you can easily forget to do things that you wanted to do. Between the Flow Rider, Rock Wall, Ice Skating, Bingo, Pool Sports, Shows, Parties, miniature Golf, Private karaoke Booths, the Casino, Movie Theatre, Library, Adult Only pool area, Basketball courts, Golf Simulator, and other ship activities, you forget to relax.

If you have children, the Adventure Club and H2O Zone are lifesavers! Between these two sections of the ship, the children could not wait to get away from the adults. They had a fantastic time and because of the H2O zone, we will probably always pick a Freedom class ship in the future.

The food was not the best I have ever had but, it was better than what I eat at home most nights and, for the treat just like home we went out to dinner a couple of nights to Chops and Portofino. These two restaurants are great especially the flourless chocolate cake. The only real complaint I had about the main dining room is the amount of noise from large group who thought they were the only people there and could be as loud as they wanted without regard to other dinners.

If you think Bingo is for old people, we are under 45 and won a free cruise on our last cruise so, get out there, play and have a great time. The Jackpot for the week was $4900 and was won by a young kid no older that 22 or 23 years old. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>