Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by CJ: Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: November 2006

DAY ONE - EMBARKATION:

Our port of calls were Costa Maya, Panama, Costa Rica 8 days This was my third cruise, but my first with CCL. I was praying that everything would go well, being that we were second to go on this ship since the Noro virus. We left NY at 6:00am and arrived by 8:15 and were greeted by CCL staff the women ask did we have a way to get to the pier which we didn't we were just going to take a cab. But she offer the bus transfers for $10pp and $10 to return. $80 for my family of four which is added to you account before you even get on the ship, so we figured that would be a good idea. She said you all could eat something first and than return to this same area and you all will be the first to get on the bus by 9:30-10. There was six people in my party so we each had a ticket with a number on it from 1-6 which would make us the first six right, WRONG once we finish eating we return only to wait until about 12:30 the bus finally came and when it pulled up it More pulled in front of all of the people who arrived after us. What did we need these tickets for it serve no propose, so we wait for another 15min for a bus. The most horrible experience. By the time we got to the pier it was packed. Embarkation was terrible. I'll never do this again you are better off taking a cab for about $15 but you live and learn.

Once we got on the ship things started looking up. We met up with the rest of our family, all together it was 12 of us. The ship was very clean hand sanitizers before Entering the dining room and on the Lido deck 9 before getting your own food. At least we were able to serve ourselves. I understand the cruise before ours couldn't serve themselves. Our rooms were very nice and spacious, we were able to put our luggage under the bed. which we all got before dinner. Our cabin # 8426 my parents 8422 my friends 8420 so we were able to open the private panel on each balcony so we could walk start thought. The ship decor was different. the soda cards were a bit high $53 so my fatherinlaw waited until the middle of the cruise then it was $30. What I didn't like was the fact that the cruise line wanted you to book excursions with them and this was continuously pushed for Panama and Costa Rica. Now I did not go with this I did my own thing. which was cheaper and if they don't frighten you, you can do the same thing. Others seem to be scare. Actual if these ports of call are so bad why even go there. I had a great time shopping in the town. All in all the trip was wonderful it better than working any day.. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>