Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Colin Brockman: Infinity - Pacific Coastal

Infinity - Pacific Coastal

Sail Date: December 2003
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: San Diego

I have been on 24 cruises and think that this is the nicest looking ship that I have ever been on. I think this is the standard that all ships should strive towards.

Our room was nice and the balcony was fine.

There was a great variety of food to choose from. The dining room food was good, not great. You could go to the alternative dining area, which we liked when we were tired of the same dining experience in the main eating area or you could eat Sushi, which we are very fond of eating, or you could eat the Spa food which was very good. There was the pizza and hamburgers and fries which were great, but the best dining experience was the SS United States eating area. It cost $25 per person but it was well worth every cent. Go there often. The chocolate souffle was to die for.

Ports were as follows: Cabo San Lucas: very good shopping and a nice place to just walk around. Acapulco: take a tour, I've done tours and not and this place needs help so go on a More catamaran or go see the divers. Hutalco: Why we docked here is beyond me. There is really little to see and little to do. They should think up somewhere else. Costa Rica: We never saw this port as someone had had an accident and we had to go back to Hutalco and drop them off and head to the Canal.

Canal: We didn't get off and I am glad we didn't. The views were great and we had a good time right on the ship. My son, who was on another ship at the same time went on a tour and this is done with armed guards and there was a riot where they went, so why bother getting off and why would they even suggest doing so. At the canal we stopped at Cristobal. We were late getting there and had about an hour to shop. Fun getting the little souvenirs, and this experience there told me don't need it. Aruba: This was the best stop. It wasn't long enough. Since it is the best by far they should factor that in. Shopping for watches was great and everyone we saw had a great time. We also did the hiking and snorkeling tour which was very good.

Getting Off the ship was not the best experience. Waiting, and then rushing and trying to find my bags. They lost one and to date they have not found it. Did you know they only offer $300 for a lost bag if they don't find it in the 14 days they say it takes to look? Hey the bag is either there or it isn't. I would suggest trip insurance for this very thing. We did. Hopefully, it will pay. That covers $1000 per person. How could they lose a bag from our room to the dock? The after part of the cruise with the lost bag is going badly but the cruise itself was great. I would still go again. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>