Aurora Cruise Review by whiterose1: Aurora - Africa

Aurora - Africa

Sail Date: November 2006
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Southampton

Just returned off Aurora today from a 12 nt Canary Island cruise. This would have been the 3rd time on the ship. I chose this ship again as I had previously enjoyed the entertainment and passenger mix.

Unfortunately, the cruise was so boring. The Aurora Theatre company (this time only), were atrocious, just like a team of amateurs. The only good thing I could say was the two lead characters in their show "Phantom of the Popera". They were excellent singers and I think could do even better with a different set of backers.

I still couldn't fault the food and service I received from our waiters in the Alexandria Restaurant, Vijay and John. EXCELLENT.

The ship was clean as usual and cabins always clean and tidy.

Got to be said, entertainment was diabolical. Jimmy Cricket!!! A Welsh singer, cant even remember his name, and illusionist Van Buren!!! and another female singer - shirley bassey singalike!!!!

Also very surprised at how many More children onboard, even though it wasn't school holidays Less

Published 11/28/06