Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Brazie

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean
We travelled from Australia and did back to back cruises starting on the 11/4/06 through the eastern caribbean and then on the 11/11/06 did the western. The ship's condition is very impressive and the Atrium bar is spectacular. There is always staff to be seen cleaning or carrying out general maintenance and they all have smiles on their faces. We had a low level state room towards the front of the ship which we found to be quite and comfortable. There was ample storage for the two of us with all of our clothes etc. The service we receive by Manuel our cabin steward was first class and he worked non stop all cruise always with a smile and a warm greeting. We we on the 8pm seating for dinner in the Paris dinning room and our waiter was Nathaniel and his assistant was Putu. They were awesome and made our dining experience a great deal of fun. The quality of the food was first class, we didn't visit the buffet as we preferred to be waited on since this was available for breakfast, lunch and dinner and there wasn't one meal in the entire two weeks that I could of complained about.

The shows were of a very high standard and there was always some entertainment happening on board. I will never forget the look on the passengers faces on a cruise ship docked next to us at St Maarten as our ship was partying you could see the desire in their faces wishing they were on board with us. I must make special mention of Mark "the piano man" he was always entertaining and we had plenty of sing-a-longs and laughs in the Big Easy Bar. The bar staff were fantastic and very efficient, I thought the drinks were a little on the expensive side from what we are used to here in Australia however the were strong though. I would like to mention Myra and Marty who always greeted us with a smile. We didn't book any excursions and pretty much ventured off on our own once on land. we didn't have any problems finding our way around and at no time did we feel unsafe. I will say I think Carnival could think of another option to San Juan as we arrived so late, not much is open. Finally we had no problems at embarkation (took around 30 mins from the time we arrived at the port until we were sitting up on the Lido deck) and disembarkation (took around 45 mins from when we walked down the stairs until we were sitting in a cab.)I would also like to give a special mention to Eduardo from the pursers desk who assisted everyone that was doing back to back cruises, he made this process very simple under quite difficult circumstances.

I would happily recommend Carnival to anyone.

Publication Date: 11/27/06