Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by david templar

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by david templar
Seven Seas Voyager
Seven Seas Voyager
Member Name: david templar
Email: seabourndt@aol.com
Cruise Date: November 2006
Embarkation: Funchal
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Voyager Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Voyager Deck Plans
Seven Seas Voyager - Trans-Atlantic
i changed cabin to a horizon suite as the balcony was huge! after i paid the balance and heard nothing i then get an email from regent asking for my onward details as they could not contact the agent, not impressed!

i finally got my tickets in a lovely bag of a nice luggage label plus the card ones which were ok. i had booked my flights my self but could still get the 2 nights in the hotel which was really nice.

HOTEL i had the palacio hotel not REIDS like some which was a lot closer to the town. it was too far away they had a shuttle but they finished at 6pm so a taxi was the only way of returning. lovely hotel,balcony overlooking the gardens and sea. i booked a taxi coasting me 30 euros not knowing the flight i booked was the same as others so i got a transfer voucher which i could have used. breakfast was good a buffet with lots of choice.

EMBARKATION after we met in the hotel lobby we had to wait a long time as the 1st bus was full and waited for a driver to arrive. despite there being a lot of older people not able to stand. after a while we left for the port. there was only one other ship in port "aida blu" which is a german company but the ship was the CROWN PRINCESS. we boarded straight away getting tickets checked on the gangway. went onboard to get us checked in and given the cruisecard. i went straight to my cabin on deck 8, taken to my deck but had to find the cabin.

CABIN. by suite was large with a sofa,queen bed,bath and shower,a large balcony at the rear of the ship at the corner.

after a while i went to the veranda cafe for a buffet lunch before returning to my suite to find my luggage outside my suite, i unpacked. as i had a while before the lifeboat drill so i went off the ship to look around. there were a few shops on the quay but i had forgot to take any money with me. i returned to my suite to get ready for the lifeboat drill which was at the horizon lounge which is a good place to have it. it was a good drill as after we were shown how to put the life jacket on. we had to put our hand on the shoulder on the person in front. to stand by our consigned lifeboat. we were told we would be leaving late as some luggage was still at the airport.we left around 6pm an hour late. as soon as the engines started i could hear the vibration which got worse over the next day.

ENTERTAINMENT. good choice of shows,jamie michael stewart who i had not seen before. the rest i'm sure i had seen some on the navigator which is a shame. i did not see the jazz music apart from the last day as it was on after the main show.

DINING. i had breakfast in my suite which wa always \early and they always checked i had the correct things i had ordered.

lunch was either on deck in bbq or in the compass rose which was good.

afternoon tea i had either in horizon lounge or better in the observation room which had a great view of the sea.

dinner was in the compass rose which was very good, nice companions. or in signatures which i was a bit disappointed about with small portions of duck orange and was a lot of fat in it. the other place i tried was le veranda which was lovely the only thing about signatures and e veranda \was that you were sitting on ones own.

PORTS OF CALL as this was a transatlantic crossing there were no ports of call.

as i mentioned about the vibration problem after one night i could stand it no more and asked if there was another cabin i could move to. i was a bit surprised that i hear the ship was only 400 out of 700 and yet they said there were no cabins left. the reason was the some cabins in deck 6 had \already been stripped out in readiness to the dry dock in miami. so the only cabin he had was 965 a bit further forward on the deck above. it was actually a cabin someone had moved from so i had look at it and could see why? it creaked quite a bit. but it was better than the constant vibration in 877 but he balcony was a lot smaller. days later i still got mail for the previous occupant in my door. the 1st 2 days was 3-4 force which was quite good. but the next 3 days we had mod-rough seas at force 5. you could see us moving around quite a bit, but it did not worry me.

GYM i used the gym equipment everyday which was really could and could always get on.

CIGAR LOUNGE i always like a cigar at night so the connoisseur lounge a great thing. unfortunately i had to wait for staff to come and ask me what i wanted. the 2 cigars oi had were very poor and after paying $15 each and you could not smoke them well. went in my balcony and smoked my own.

DRINKS i had the choice of 2 bottles in my suite which was pretty good. then we were told all the drinks would be free which was a nice bonus in readiness for next year.

DISEMBARKATION after getting my luggage labels which i asked to get off the ship at 0815. had to put the cases outside the cabin by 2300 the night before which i thought was a bit early. was told the disembarkation would begin at 0800 but it did not start until 0900 and min was not the 1st to be called. but s soon as i was called i soon got off the ship, collected my luggage which was easy to find. then through customs which was very easy to get a taxi to the greyhound bus station.

SHOPS very poor i thought much more choice \when it was radisson. hats and t shirts was just regent written on them not voyager picture on them. nice choice of cd's from artists. but little else, the other things were very little choice life snacks,shaving things.

THE CRUISE IN GENERAL on the whole it was a good cruise apart from a few things which i have mentioned. no leaflets in the door about discounts on future cruises no no idea what the discounts were like on the navigator. but don't think i'll be doing a regent cruise again sorry dave

Publication Date: 11/26/06
More Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Voyager review Read the next Seven Seas Voyager review

More Transatlantic Cruise Reviews