Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Kurt Joyner: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: November 2006

Carnival Valor was a WONDERFUL SHIP. I have traveled on 8 cruises and all of them have been on Carnival except for 1. I have to admit it has what I am looking for on a vacation. My friends I sailed on the Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean cruise from November 5-12, 2006. This was my friends first cruise and my 8th cruise. This cruise was a little different from my other cruises. We experienced rough sea but the Captain assured us that everything was ok. The staff was very helpful to all the guest the 1st 3 days of our cruise. I was really worried about my friends who get motions sick in a car. But, the rough sea didn't bother him the least bit. The guest onboard were in the 25-80 years old range; however there were a few kids on the ship. We all loved that their were a lot of single people on the ship and made the cruise more enjoyable. Chatting and meeting people our age who like to have fun.

Embarkation is always is the hardest part of the cruise but we were on the ship More before 11:30 am. Upstairs we went to the Lido deck to have lunch until our rooms were ready. My stateroom 6445 with a balcony was adequate sized, enough room for queen size bed and a couch that converted into a bed, if I had a unexpected guest. (smile) I had nice size tile bath/shower, but lots of closet/dresser space. I did not spend much time in the room anyway. But the time I spent in the room was great. I would read on my balcony and enjoy the nice sunsets and the weather. The weather was great everyday. Even with the rough seas the first three days, the rest of the cruise went very smooth with good weather and smooth seas.

I would rate the food, service (waiters, room staff), all outstanding throughout the entire cruise. Even though we were at the table with very quiet and reserve people. My friends and I like to have a good time and not quiet at all. The first night we asked if we could be moved.. With no problem we were moved on the 2nd night to a table with a great head waiter and assistant waiter were the best.

For entertainment, the group acts were very good, cruise director and his staff were ok I have seen and heard better. The shows in particular were just ok for me. I've seen that same Broadway show on a different ship and it was excellent. But, the female vocalist on the Valor was the worst I've ever heard on any of my cruises.

My friend was chosen to participate in the swimming contest and got 1st place. And received a gold metal. If they offer it be sure to attend the Newlywed Game show late night entertainment, it's a riot ... My friends also came out on top in the casino. There is enough to do on board (spas, hot tubs, music) I didn't see my friends until dinner time because there was so much to do. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>