Pacific Princess Cruise Review by cfrahn: Pacific Princess

Pacific Princess

Sail Date: November 2003
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Other

This was my first cruise with Princess, and the definitely the best yet.

It was the first cruise of the season from Sydney to the South Pacific so we were very fortunate that everyone was very enthusiastic, and in great spirits.

The passengers were mostly Australian and Kiwi's with a small mix of Americans and other nationalities. The cruise seemed geared to the Australian market with a new cruise director, who captured the unique sense of humour and their laid back attitude.

The islands we visited were all in New Caledonia. The Isle of Pines and Noumea were a big hit as they had lots to offer, whether culturally or for shear beauty. Poum was a new island never visited before by Princess, and this was the maiden voyage. The locals declared a public holiday and everyone turned out to welcome the ship.

The facilities on board are breathtaking. The ship has a turn of the century look to it, and is absolutely beautiful. With its smaller size you More really do feel at home straight away, and meeting fellow passengers is made much easier by easy going Australian friendliness.

The food was much better than I had expected, as we had great food on the Summit and wouldn't have thought it could have been better. The menu changed each day with a different theme at lunchtime in the buffet restaurant.

There are two other speciality restaurants that operated alternative nights with the steakhouse offering a three course meal for AUD15.00. The Italian Restaurant offers a feast at AUD25.00. We had trouble getting through the meal so I would recommend that you miss the meal before as its very filling. Overall my favorite was the steakhouse as everything was cooked to order. The value was outstanding.

There is so many areas that I could comment on, but my overall description of the cruise when I got home was it was easier to describe it as a percentage rating of 98 out of a 100. I have been on 26 cruises, and this was the best yet.

From entertainment, to cuisine, to the friendliness of staff and most of all one of the most beautiful ships afloat, this is one not to be missed. Less

Read more Pacific Princess cruise reviews >>