Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Kreader: Good Cruise

Good Cruise

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Boston

Ship was beautiful! Large cruise group aboard this cruise-over 200 people! Many fun cruise critic events planned including one informal,one formal meet and greet,cabin crawl,slot pulls,and a great final luncheon.

Food ranged from ok to good to once in a while pretty good. I thought the lamb and prime rib entrees were excellent. There could have been a bettter selection of dinner entrees,a few nights I did not like any of the dinner entrees offered so I had the steak which was good.

Two breakfast items really good-omelets made to order in the Windjammer Buffet (especially if made by Stella-she was amazing-sometimes cooking 4 omelets at one time!)and french toast in the dining room.

Snacks and pizza(later on) in the Park Cafe were good. One minor complaint was that I love cranberry juice,and this was not offered (except in bard where you had to pay for it).

My inside cabin was very nice,with a sitting area of a loveseat and coffee table. Usual small More bathroom.

Entertainment was pretty good,including some comics,violinist,and an acapella male group Home Free that was very good. I was disappointed that for a 13 night cruise only 2 production shows were given. I really liked the broadway show,but the other production show was a musical variety show which I thought was just ok. Shows in the centrum were great-a couple of aerial shows,and 2 parties-one 70's disco and one British rock music. Those 2 parties were a lot of fun. Halloween night was great-a lot of people wore costumes!

Ports were good-as I had been to 4 before I mostly walked and did some shopping in the ports. I did go on a great tour of Barbados with 18 other cruise critic people(great job Brenda and Ken). Also went on a 7 hour ship's tour of St.Lucia that was great.

I had a great dinner table of all singles! Met a lot of people on this cruise!

A fair amount of activities planned for sea days-I like doing trivia,so attended a lot of those events. Best thing I won was a travel mug.

Overall this was a pretty good cruise,and I would highly recommend the Brillliance of the Seas! Less

Published 11/22/13

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Nice inside cabin with a sitting area-loveseat and coffee table. Minirefrigerator(more like a cooler). Long vanity/desk.

Island Tour

Great tour with Tyrone that was organized by Brenda and Ken for cruise critic people. Great tour for $25.00 that was supposed to be for 4 hours,and was nearly 5 hours! Lots of photo stops,and even included a stop where we fed monkeys!

Long tour but broken up by a stop in a fishing village,photo stops,gardens and waterfall,sulfur springs,and a buffet lunch(which was just ok). Great views of the Pitons. I did think that this ship's tour could have given us a bottled water,but they did not. Took a lot of pictures. This is a very green,mountainous island and is beautiful!

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Kreader
Member Since 2008
303 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X