Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Kreader

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Kreader
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: Kreader
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Good Cruise

Ship was beautiful! Large cruise group aboard this cruise-over 200 people! Many fun cruise critic events planned including one informal,one formal meet and greet,cabin crawl,slot pulls,and a great final luncheon.

Food ranged from ok to good to once in a while pretty good. I thought the lamb and prime rib entrees were excellent. There could have been a bettter selection of dinner entrees,a few nights I did not like any of the dinner entrees offered so I had the steak which was good.

Two breakfast items really good-omelets made to order in the Windjammer Buffet (especially if made by Stella-she was amazing-sometimes cooking 4 omelets at one time!)and french toast in the dining room.

Snacks and pizza(later on) in the Park Cafe were good. One minor complaint was that I love cranberry juice,and this was not offered (except in bard where you had to pay for it).

My inside cabin was very nice,with a sitting area of a loveseat and coffee table. Usual small bathroom.

Entertainment was pretty good,including some comics,violinist,and an acapella male group Home Free that was very good. I was disappointed that for a 13 night cruise only 2 production shows were given. I really liked the broadway show,but the other production show was a musical variety show which I thought was just ok. Shows in the centrum were great-a couple of aerial shows,and 2 parties-one 70's disco and one British rock music. Those 2 parties were a lot of fun. Halloween night was great-a lot of people wore costumes!

Ports were good-as I had been to 4 before I mostly walked and did some shopping in the ports. I did go on a great tour of Barbados with 18 other cruise critic people(great job Brenda and Ken). Also went on a 7 hour ship's tour of St.Lucia that was great.

I had a great dinner table of all singles! Met a lot of people on this cruise!

A fair amount of activities planned for sea days-I like doing trivia,so attended a lot of those events. Best thing I won was a travel mug.

Overall this was a pretty good cruise,and I would highly recommend the Brillliance of the Seas!

Publication Date: 11/22/13
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by Kreader
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Reviews