Zuiderdam Cruise Review by dlseabright

Zuiderdam
Member Name: dlseabright
Cruise Date: September 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Zuiderdam Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Zuiderdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zuiderdam Deck Plans
bad, bad, bad

This was my 30th cruise and my first and LAST with Holland America. Embarkation and debarkation were a nightmare if you needed wheelchair assistance. My friend and I both need it. The cabin was small. A wheelchair would have had a difficult time. We had plumbing problems 5 out of the 10 days. Some cabins had no air conditioning for the whole cruise. Those folks got nothing from the front desk but excuses. The first night going into the first sitting for the dining room was sub, sub-par. We were told to go find our own table! What!

The service was lack luster due to the fact the staff was on a brand new contract. The food was lackluster.

The ship is TIRED. It needs a complete overhaul. You have to go to the front desk to get a copy of your shipboard account. Are you kidding me!. That is from 8-10 years ago.

The shows were ok. One was cancelled due to a broken cable that took 3 1/2 hours to fix.

I am sticking with Carnival and Royal Caribbean!

Publication Date: 11/22/13