Zuiderdam Cruise Review by dlseabright: bad, bad, bad

Overall Member Rating

bad, bad, bad

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was my 30th cruise and my first and LAST with Holland America. Embarkation and debarkation were a nightmare if you needed wheelchair assistance. My friend and I both need it. The cabin was small. A wheelchair would have had a difficult time. We had plumbing problems 5 out of the 10 days. Some cabins had no air conditioning for the whole cruise. Those folks got nothing from the front desk but excuses. The first night going into the first sitting for the dining room was sub, sub-par. We were told to go find our own table! What!

The service was lack luster due to the fact the staff was on a brand new contract. The food was lackluster.

The ship is TIRED. It needs a complete overhaul. You have to go to the front desk to get a copy of your shipboard account. Are you kidding me!. That is from 8-10 years ago.

The shows were ok. One was cancelled due to a broken cable that took 3 1/2 hours to fix.

I am sticking with Carnival and Royal Caribbean! Less

Published 11/22/13

Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zuiderdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Zuiderdam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Very small. No drawers. Plumbing problems. Balcony was great.

dlseabright