Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Weightless: Here Comes the Sun Again

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

Here Comes the Sun Again

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our 2nd 10 day cruise on the Sun. The last one we sailed to Hawaii.

We found it clean, comfortable and well maintained. We did notice the cigarette smoke smell in the Atrium we we arrived on board. Embarkation and Disembarkation went smoothly.

Our cabin steward was pleasant - did a good job of keeping our cabin clean and well supplied. (even though we suspected he didn't know English that well). We were on the 9th deck near the elevators which was convenient to the Outdoor Cafe and pool area. Our cabin had a balcony which we enjoyed especially when the pool area got too crowded and thankfully no one smoked near us.

Food was good but we had breakfast most days in the dining room. Liked the carafe of coffee on the table. Also the sport's bar was a good place to sit away from the crowds.The buffet was a "feeding frenzy" (some people pushing and grabbing food like they were afraid it would disappear.) The desserts were a disappointment - most of them More were a rennet consistency of different flavours. The apple pie and cookies were good, though. Of course, I enjoyed the soft ice cream.

We ate our dinner in the 4 Seasons mid ship. We found the food good and the staff were trying to give good service. We were surprised to see non coffee dairy creamers on the table, at times, instead of real cream.

Daughter and son in law tried the coffee shop. They said it wasn't worth it to pay extra as the coffee wasn't any better than the buffet.

My biggest disappointment the Zumba in the Dazzles area was for 1/2 hour and very packed. Only attended one session it didn't even increase my heart rate. My daughter and I would have paid extra to have the Zumba lessons in the exercise area. I noticed that the paid yoga and bike classes were not as well attended.

My husand and son in law enjoyed the elipicle workout machines and tread mill. They never found it too busy.

Enjoyed all the ports . Went on a private excursion in Dominica (Bumpiing Tours) - it was great. Snorkelling in the warm water of Champagne Bay, then onto cooler water at the Gorge and then hot springs after that. Levi the tour guide pointed out the fruit that was grown there - he madethe drive interesting.

Through the ship excursions: In Barbados, we did the zip line. Scared at first, but the staff were helpful and gave excellent instruction. They even rescued me when I stopped mid line. My favourite excusion was Best of St. Maarten, which my daughter and I went on. Rum tasting, perfume, and cooking lession - what else did I need.

Entertainment. We enjoyed the Comedian, Juggler and El Gacho. The Sun Troup were good dancers but the some of the songs were out of the vocal range of the singers.

We would travel the Norweigen Sun again. Less