Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by AJackowitz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by AJackowitz
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: AJackowitz
Cruise Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas

First Ever Cruise

On November 8th I embarked on my first ever cruise for my father in-law's 60th birthday. I stepped foot on the ship with high expectations and a critical eye. Overall, this was a terrific first cruise for me to get the "lay of the land" or in this case "lay of the sea."

Our first night consisted of a very rough voyage to Coco Cay. Unfortunately the waters were so rough that we could not tender boats in Coco Cay and as a result, we needed to stay on the boat all day. We managed to pass the time by playing trivia and bingo. I am hoping that on bigger/newer ships there are more activities for days at sea--though I certainly commend RCCL for their quick-on-their-feet reaction to this situation to come up with a new plan for the day.

The final full day was spent in Nassau. I believe RCCL should swap the order of their days for this cruise. The reasoning for this is quite simple. This time of year there are noted issues with being able to tender boats in Coco Cay. As a result, we were unable to spend time off the boat at this destination, and our Sunday was spent in Nassau where most of the area was closed.

The food was about what you would expect from an all-inclusive resort--oversalted and underwhelming with a few bright spots mixed in.

Overall this was a good chance to see that while cruises might not have the largest personal spaces, they are a convenient and entertaining way to travel to many places over a short period of time.

Publication Date: 11/21/13