Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by lisalee323: Will sail Breakaway again

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Will sail Breakaway again

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my 6th cruise with Norwegian. I have always had nothing but good things to say about the ships, food, staff and activities.

Ship.. big, beautiful and new. BUT not a year round NY ship... We were cold during the parties at H20 and am trying to figure out where they will have those parties in the dead of winter. There is no room inside. Even the music and activities in the Atrium.. it was packed. Could only get a seat if you showed up 45 minutes prior to the start of the show. Even though the ship is larger, the common areas were not. It was just too crowded. From what I have heard, if you sail while school is in session it is a much better experience.

Food.. to my surprise I wasn't happy the first 3 days with the buffet (and I am one to pig out while on vacation). It did get better halfway through our trip.. not sure what happened. We also ate in Taste once, food there was excellent! Didn't get to try any of the other dining rooms. I have 2 small children who More don't like to sit still so the buffet is better as we can grab and run.

Entertainment.. BEST I have seen on a cruise ship. Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, Howl at the Moon (went all 3 nights), Fire & Ice, Cirque Jungle Fantasy. Really top notch. There was also quite the variety of activities in the dailies (as always). So we were very happy with that.

Cabin.. B1 room 9920. If you suffer from any type of motion sickness, not the room for you. Massive vibrations for most of the cruise (we were in some rough seas on and off). No one in my family gets sick so it didn't affect us. It was annoying for the first day or so, but then we got used to it. Balcony was like our own backyard.. Looking to book Bermuda (in the month of September to avoid crowds) and want to book this room again. Bed was comfortable, standard bathroom (on the small size) but fine for us.

Embarkation/Disembarkation - Easy as pie. Took us approx 30-45 min to go through security, check in and board. About 30 min to get on the street once our colored luggage tag was called.

Crew- Attitudes were hit or miss. Don't normally experience this, I feel it may be because of the work load, size of the ship, amount of passengers. We had 4750 passengers and 1000 were children on our sailing according to Dan the man. So regardless of how they appeared, I always gave them a hello and smile to try and brighten their day. While I am talking about crew.. I just want to give a shout out to Hugo (the HD). WONDERFUL man!!

Overall, I would sail the Breakaway again. Just not during a school break. Less