Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by The macd

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by The macd
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: The macd
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

First cruise with mixed feelings

This cruise was the first cruise that my wife and I had been on. We picked this cruise line after getting it referred by friends. The overall experience was ok but not as good as we expected.

We could not complain about our cabin. It was everything we expected for the price we paid. At the end of the day we were only in there to sleep. Housekeeping come twice a day and kept the room immaculate.

The waiting staff were sensational as well as the housekeeping staff and photography guys. We did try three of the specialty restaurants while on board and I must say they were as good as we have been to here at home. Prices were very good for the quality and service we received. The main dining room staff were very good and could not have made our experience any better. The only negative I have about the main dining room is the US$8.00 charge for a bottle of sparkling water. The park cafe staff behind the counter were very ordinary with a very non friendly attitude. Moving onto the daily automatic gratitude payment of US$12.00 per day per person. I was not aware that this was optional and was also tipping as I went along. This really added up at the end of 13 nights. The entertainment was poor at best. The entertainment in the theatre of a night was terrible in my opinion. The daily activities were very repetitive for example there is only some many times we can learn how to fold a towel animal.

Overall it was ok but I think I might try another line in the future.

Publication Date: 11/21/13