Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by ScottHerman

Member Name: ScottHerman
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

A wonderful experience.

My wife and I were simply overjoyed with this cruise. Yes, it's an older ship, but I can't imagine how the experience could have been handled better. The service to the room was outstanding., The maitre'd, Joseph, made dining fun and entertaining. The first few nights, I didn't tip the bartenders to see if I would continue to get good service . I did, so I made it up to them. The Unexsco dolphin encounter was great. I will say the snorkeling tour was kind overrated. You were basically paying for equipment rental and a very brief how-to session. There was no tour.

That aside, the food was great, the service was great, and the crew did everything possible to make it a wonderful experience. I can't say enough about the Unexsco dolphin encounter. You could tell they really cared for the animals.

I loved everything about this cruise, even down to the little towel animals on the bed every night. The food was great, both in the dining room and room service. I don't gamble, but my gambling shipmates had good things to say about the casino. The MoTown tribute was great, as was the tribute to British Music.

I think I left claw marks as I was leaving the ship!

Advice: You have two disembarkation options: Self-assist or letting them handle the bags. Take the latter option! The self-assist appeared chaotic. Take the "leisurely disembarkation" option and stay and have a late breakfast. They assign you "zones" and the groups are much smaller than through the disembarkation option.

The Serenity Deck is for adults only. No rap music! We enjoyed hanging there immensely.

The bow area of the ship was not open to passengers. I don't know if that's regular or due to repairs that were obviously ongoing.

The waterslide was a blast.

One criticism of the ship: Things aren't well marked. You just have to figure out how to get places. I was still finding connections our last day there, even though I like to roam and study places.

The crew took pride in their work and really tried to give a good experience. I was lost one day and a man came over to ask if we needed help. I later saw a display and realized he was the head of the customer-service crew. That was a nice surprise. The crew was as friendly as they could have been.

Publication Date: 11/20/13