Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by HoopsRef-ca: So much for Carnival's guarantee of satisfaction

HoopsRef-ca
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Mexican Riviera Cruises

So much for Carnival's guarantee of satisfaction

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Counter says there are no comment cards and to wait until after cruise, but wanted to submit these now

So here is our first night at the spa, and day in 7180

It says to take a tour in order to get a raffle ticket, raffle time comes and people who admittedly had no tickets and didng take tour, were given tickets

One of those people won something, so we spent 30+ minutes to falsedly gain no advantage.

Next, during the tour were were told if we booked or got services such as a massage, that there were discounts and times extended from 55 to 75 minutes.

We booked a couples massage , during booking i reiterated that we were told that if we booked now the time would be extended to the 75 minutes.

During the tour they said that the first day offered the very best deals.

So we got to the massage at exactly 8, she took us back going over the services, she explained that the talking wouldnt cut down on the massage time, so she More continued.

They started massaging approx 815, and when they finished it was 910, buzzer sounded.

Not only was there no discount, time was shortened, and today, if we booked separetly instrad of together, it would of been even cheaper.

On the good side some of the crew are exceptional, but cabin bed is very lumpy, and hallway has creaking right next to our room

And our steward is very nice as well

Next, the same night, thursday, we planned all day to dine at our 6 pm dinner time, because friday we are in the steak house

On the daily paper it says casual.

After waiting all day to eat, We arrive at 6 to see everyone dressed up.

We go to guest services to ask why, they said it was formal night and was a typo.

So at this same time, i proceeded to let him know also about the lady guest services operator and the pot smoking on the balcony a door or two down from us, where after repeating myself 3 times, the operators infered it was me smoking pot on the balcony, and asked if I needed an ashtray. I hung up on her and received no call or follow up from anyone regarding the situation or the phone call.

Friday, October 4th, we were awoken at approx 8 a.m. by the sound of continuous banging outside. We didnt know what it was. So we ended up getting up, and attempting a shower. Needless to know there was no hot water at all.

So a cold water shower ensued. I get out of the shower, in nothing and as I walked into my room, a lady walks by outside on my balcony, a lady rinsing off and cleaning the balconies, and this is what we found out was the noise at a time of the morning we wanted to sleep.

Well, this was embarrasing to say the least, after a COLD shower!!!

We get dressed, go upstairs, come back an hour later in hopes of taking a quick hot shower. Well the next surprise occurred, our shower head was removed, and it appeared a lot of other cabins were removed as well. Why? we were never told. about an hour or two later is was returned, and finaly a hot shower was available.

Sat oct 5. At 1220 More pot reported and guest serv says no prev report noted

Saturday Oct 5th, we open the balcony door, and lay down to listen to the water, and yet again, the smell of weed is so strong it starts coming into our room. At this point we are furious.

We try calling, then we go through a series of voice prompts, to be put on hold for 5 minutes, so we go downstairs.

We run into our steward on the way downstairs and she said she knows this is happening as well, but says she cant do anything about it.

We go downstairs and we report it this time to a lady, who informs someone and says it is now noted.

She also states there is no prior notices about this from anyone, or from us, where I tell her that I reported this two days previously to the guy standing Good monring right next to her.

Several hours later Guest Services calls and says security wants to speak to us. So we go downstairs and speak to him, all that he says is that he has spoken to that room, and they stated it wasnt illegal, simply a different type of cigarette. Seriously??? trust me, this isnt the case.

On a good note, we have to say that some of the best times we had were during the comedy shows. Those two comedians were great! Especially Macio!!! I personally saw him 4 times, and each time it got better!

So we filled out the survey, 4+ weeks later, no one has ever responded to the detailed survey we filled out.

So we e-mailed and called customer service, and after 2 weeks, we receive a form letter apology, addressing one concern out of all of them, and not offers of anything in retrospect, and no mention of their "so-called" vacation guarantee. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>