Carnival Legend Cruise Review by dkojic: Awesome Time

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Awesome Time

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

My husband and I decided to take a vacation on this cruise and had a great experience. We had a nice room with a balcony, which I recommend as a must. If you looked around hard enough, you did see wear and tear in the room as the décor and furnishings were a bit out of date, but it didn't affect our time at all.

The food was great. We had open seating dining which is another must. Deciding when we wanted to eat was very important to us and didn't want that to be decided for us. My only compliant would be that the food selection was very limited after shore excursions and the wait for pizza was always a bit tedious after our long days on shore, but it was delicious and worth the wait. Only during one diner service did the waiter only address my husband and ask how his meal and dessert was, but it wasn't really a big deal for me.

Our cabin steward Gusti was very friendly and always remembered our names when we seen him. My husband has uncommon name, but he More always remembered and always said it correctly. We were on level 6 in the middle and had a balcony. We really enjoyed the balcony and the fact that we were allowed to smoke there.

The shore excursions were well organized and the tenders/ tour guides/ ferries were always prompt and professional. We seen 4 different comedy shows which were really funny. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cave-Tubing Adventure

All of our friends highly recommended this excursion and we are so glad we did it. We were well informed and knew that the bus ride to and from was 1.5 half hour long and our tour guide Edmund and our driver Mark were professional, informative and professional. Edmund had a great sense of humor and made the whole day exciting and fun. The county side we seen was beautiful and I would return to Belize in a second for another excursion. The cave tubing was a lot of fun. Again we were well informed and knew the hike to the caves were about 30 minutes through the jungle. Our guides pointed out medicinal plants and let my husband eat a termite. The walk was not too bad and Edmund brought bug spray he let us use.

Mayan Ruins

Our tour guide Li Li was very nice, professional and very informative. She made the bus ride to and from the ruins in Tulum interesting. The bus driver was a good driver and we felt completely safe and in good hands. They got us to and from the ship in time for us to depart.

Snorkeling

Our guides Reed and Matt were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and very professional. Reed pointed out fish and coral and was a lot of fun. Our tender was on time and professional.

Beach Day

(5)

The flying beach chairs were fun and the beach was nice. It seemed that the island was made just for Carnival and had limited things to do on the beach, however that was just fine with us. We had beach chairs, a clam to cover our chairs and beach floats. The Honduran beer was good, but pricy. We had a very relaxing day and again our tenders to and from the island were on time and professional.