Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Trekker954: Ship of Fools. Twerking, Thongs and Mooning

Trekker954
Member Since 2007
3,193 Posts

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Ship of Fools. Twerking, Thongs and Mooning

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas

I've been on the Majesty numerous times, but it had been a couple of years. I'm loyal to Royal, taking many cruises each year. I was very disappointed in the state of the Majesty. I felt like I was on a Carnival booze cruise. It's always been a younger crowd, but this weekend was very, very young singles galore. Many bachelorette parties as well. Lots of single guys too. Alcohol was flowing big time. I'm sure Royal made big bucks this weekend.

We had a Superior OV on Deck 9. Nice size window, our room looked out just above the lifeboats. The stateroom attendant did a great job. We attended the Diamond Event in the Viking Crown lounge each night. Day one, overlooking the pool and hot tub, the young singles were out in force, I'm not sure that many could fit in the hot tub, but they also proceeded to get so drunk, they were actually twerking and eventually mooning (I would say guests, but they just pulled their pants down for the heck of it), not necessary to moon anyone. I was More wondering where the staff was, and/or security, but no one came. Did they even know they were giving us a show in the lounge? This was at 6:30 p.m. Pretty early but they were all clearly drunk.

The night was rough seas and many were seasick. I was fine. however, the next day the captain announced it was too rough to stop at coco Cay. We sailed around a big looking for sun, although it was difficult. He finally announced we could get a berth in Nassau at 6 so we set sail for Nassau. By the time we docked, it was pouring. Needless to say, more of the same shenanigans' at the hot tub, except some of the guys were wearing the girls thongs. The cruise director staff did get out a new compass for the unexpected day at sea which included a lot of trivia which we took part in. They also showed White House Down in the theater which did get quite crowded. Its so nice when the ships have a real movie theater. The quality wasn't very good.

Service seems to have gone way down on the Majesty. It seems as if there weren't enough wait staff, especially in the MDR and some bars. Things took longer to get. They handed me a menu in the MDR for Breakfast and it was so dirty and gross - couldn't believe no one would take notice how disgusting it was. Stains and all. The food in the Windjammer was tasteless and inedible for the most part.

We signed up for wifi. Their wifi was down for the last two days (or a three day cruise), grrrr.

So unless you are seeking a booze cruise, I would look elsewhere. I know if/when I want another short cruise, I will chose another Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>