Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jandb6266: jandb6266

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

jandb6266

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We arrived the day before our cruise and stayed at the holiday inn & suites in cocoa. The hotel was very clean and they had a great breakfast. Our transportation picked us up at 10:00AM. We got to the port around 11:00AM The people at the port were very accommodating. I needed a wheel chair to get me to the cabin and they came out to the drop off point to pick me up and took my whole family right in. We purchased th FTF and I would get it again. It was so fast to get on the ship. The carnival man pushed me all the way to my cabin on Deck 6 midship. We gave him a great tip and it was well worth it.. Now about the ship. It was all I expected and more. We were able to go right into our room and my scooter I rented was in there pluggedin and waiting for me to enjoy for even wonderful days.

The ship had a lot of venues to take in from the area around the Lido pool to the ocean plaza café and all the bars and lounges. The comedy club was great with very funny comedians. More We loved the Lanai outside deck with the hot tubs and the outside BBQ. I am past the point off water slides but my DD, DSIL, AND DGD loved them and had a lot of fun. My DD birthday was while we were on the cruise and we had her cabin decorated so when she first walked in she was surprised. We had a cake for her on the last night and they did not forget it. They remembered after three months that I payed for a cake for the last night. Way to go carnival. I loved the ship but my DW was right. She was worried that we would be waiting in lines for everything and she was right. I had a sign printed up to hang off the side of the ship for the sail away and almost did not make it because they have the MUSTER DRILL to close to debarkation and it was on deck 4 and we had to get to deck twelve to hang it and wave to the camera at fishlips who video all ships leaveing port and then you can buy the video after you return from your cruise.

About the ports. We found Mexico to be very dirty but I am still glad I had the chance to visit so I can say that I was there. I do not think I would go back but there is plenty of ports in the carribean for us to see. I have already booked a cruise on the pride in September 2014 so we can go on the pride one more time before it leaves Baltimore for Tampa in November. We have been on three cruise's so far and I started out in a interior for the first cruise. Then on our next we had a balcony with an obstructed view. On the dream we had a balcony on deck 6 overlooking the Lanai deck with views of hot tubs to my left and right. How neat is that. We had early dining on our first cruise and on the second we had late dining and on the dream we had your time dining. I am glad we picked your time because when they seated us on the second night we had ARDANA who we had on the pride in January 2012. What a small world. From then on we asked for ARDANA every night and was seated right away at his table. It was so nice that he danced with my Grandaughter when they played the music at dinner. When we ate at the Steakhouse Ardana's wife was our server and we enjoyed her just as much. We had a wonderful time. Will write after our next cruise Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

We found this port to be very dirty . There wa trash all in the water around the port. As we left the ship to get on the tender they helped me get on then they loaded my wheelchair that I picked up from the front desk. That came in very handy. When the tender headed to port a water spount appeared in the ocean. It was very scary but as we got farther away it was spinning around away from us and then it just stopped and went away

Beach Break

This was a fun day for my DD,DGD and DSIL. My wife and I stayed on the ship. I guess our age caught up with us and we needed to relax. Anyway they went and got on the banana boat and had a blast. The snorkeled and swam. The owner Steve has a direct line to the states and they were able to talk to people back home free of charge. Steve reserved a covered table and chairs and he saves them for two hours after the ship docks for you. How neat is that Steve makes sure he talks to everyone that reserves a table with him and assigns a waiter to get your drinks and food.

Snorkeling

I did not snorkel but my kids did and loved it

Well I was booked but all I could do was stay in the port with my wife because it was to far to walk to get to the cab. I had to leave my scooter on the ship because they did not have a way for me to take it to Mr. Sanchos.

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Beach Day

We were picked up by a boat and taken to Maya Key beach day with lunch. I had a hard time getting around in my wheelchair but my son in-law was able to push me where I had to go. The lunch was not perfect but it was fine to hold you over until we returned to the ship. My wife loved the animals in the preserve. She had a monkey hold her hand through the fence around the monkeys. She just love monkeys so that made her day which makes it all worth it. My DD and DGD anDSIL had a great time snorkeling and swimming. Great time by all