Celebrity Silhouette 5

“Another wonderful cruiise with Celebrity ”
Cruise review of Celebrity Silhouette

bhamilton
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

My daughter and I got to Rome ahead of time for tourist time there. We stayed at the Rafello Hotel in Rome, very well located, clean rooms and close to our bus, Hop on Hop Off, Staff was very attentive too. Once on the ship, which was an easy embarkation ,

we had a beautiful room at the front of the ship, great views and large room, linen, pillows, everything we asked for was supplied.

Meals were great in the dining room and the cafeteria lots of selections to choose from. Our waiters in the dining room knew what we liked and had it ready for us when we sat down. Great service. Everyone we met were pleasant and helpful , all staff more than eager to help in any way.

The shows were good too but we only liked the production shows and didn't go to some of the others by choice. The shows we saw were excellent.

We ate in the Murano special restaurant and had lobster which was wonderful, service there excellent and fun, beautiful dining room too. More

All our transfers arranged by Celebrity and our Travel agent were comfortable and timely. The trip to the Airport in Venice was long but pleasant and we saw a lot of the country side.

This was the first trip my daughter and I had taken together with no children along so it was a very nice relaxing experience for us both. We found a great reading room and lounge chairs to sit quietly and read or talk.

The selection of TV shows at night was not so good but we didn't care we were tired and went to sleep early.

Our shore excursions were great except for the one in Athens , it was not very informative at all. Since I had been to Athens several times I could explain a lot to my daughter that the tour guide didn't mention. First time I had ever been disappointed in any tour booked while on a Celebrity cruise.

Most ship mates were English speaking but many countries were represented so it was a nice mix of cultures and people. Very few little children on board which was good for adults traveling with no children.

Disembarkation was a little confused for some reason but we were fine just crowded in the restaurant for a while. Overall the cruise was wonderful . I love Celebrity better than any others I have sailed on . Less

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Published 11/19/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?