“Holiday cruise”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just returned 2 days ago from the top end cruise with Radiance of the seas. It was exceptional in customer service, entertainment and facilities. I travelled with my teenage daughter, there was plenty to do for children they were well catered for. We spent most of our time at the pool, in the buffet, at shows, and climbing the stairs of 13 floors going to various activities. As we travelled outside school holidays there was less than 30 children on the ship.

On the other hand it was a very geriatric cruise with regular 90th birthday celebrations posted in the daily cruise compass newsletter. Most of these retired people were very rude and thought nothing of pushing in on queues and bumping you. Very rude at the buffets also. In the last week I was well over dodging walking frames and stuck behind wheelchairs and motorized scooters. Yes really. It took forever to get on and off tenders and transfer buses as this lot were unfit and overweight. A few were polite fit and well dressed. The rest just old bogans.

Apart from that gripe the staff were brilliant I didn't see any eye rolling. Just slick and professional, the American based liner knows how to treat customers and how to throw great parties.

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?