Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Wat girl: First time cruisers....we will be back!

Wat girl
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

First time cruisers....we will be back!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

For first time cruisers, we weren't really sure what to expect. We had done our research, but of course, this is all subjective and so you will have to make up your own minds.

1. We paid for Faster to the Fun --- We thought it was worth it. We jumped the long, long line at embarkation, our room was ready, bags were there quickly, first off on the tender at the private island a huge plus, and then priority disembarkation.

2. Our room steward was excellent. He took great care of us, said hi whenever he saw us, asked what we needed, really attentive to our daughter, making sure she had what she needed (she loved the towel animals each day).

3. We had an Oceanview on the lowest deck, Riviera, in the Aft portion of the ship. We liked it and weren't bothered by the elevator rides. The rumble of the engines was like white noise for sleeping, and when we had some weather overnight, we didn't feel it being so low. I joked that we were in "steerage", but it was not a More problem.

4. We had late dining, which we liked with one exception. Our daughter wanted to participate in the Club C (12-14 year old program) events, and many of them started at the same time as the late dining. I would suggest to those with youth in this age group, you might want to consider the early dining, if you want to eat together. A couple of nights she ate in the Lido buffet instead of the dining room, and then went to the Club while we had dinner. Our waiters were very attentive. Fussed over my daughter when she was there, and really did a great job with the younger children at the table.

5. The pools on the ship were so small and crowded, we actually never went in. Our daughter didn't want to go on the water slide, so we didn't either. WE have decided to do it without her the next time!

6. For the dress up evening, we splurged and had my daughter go to the spa and get an "updo". The ladies were very nice and took great care of her. The photographers were lots of fun (although we spent WAY too much on the pictures....rookies!).

7. On the day at sea, our daughter enjoyed the Circle C events, I played some of the games (Scattergories, Family Feud) and my husband read a book on deck. His only complaint was in having a hard time finding a place with shade as he had gotten burned the day before.

8. Random thoughts....There was a strange smell on deck in some areas. I don't know if it was sewage or garbage. Couldn't figure that out.

We bought the soda stickers for my daughter and myself. This was a nice perk. Even was able to use it on the beach at Half Moon Cay.

Next time we go, we will probably bring some bottled water, quarters (in case you need to use the laundry machines....we needed to dry our swim suits....they just didn't dry out hanging in the bathroom), and snacks. That was one thing that seemed odd. We couldn't find a place to just have some snacks....like chips, pretzels, etc. We might have just not found the right spot.

Overall we had a great time. About the time we had things figured out, we were done. We are already looking for another cruising opportunity next year. Sure, there were some things that weren't perfect, but that goes along with the adventure. Thanks Carnival for offering something we could afford with such terrific service. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Snorkeling

(4)

Great tour by Dwayne. Loved his enthusiasm and pride for his country. Was able to see a lot of areas, including some natural landmarks, as well as different types of architecture on the island. Our tween daughter did not want to snorkle, so I stayed with her on the beach. The water was nice and chairs were easy to find. Husband tried to snorkle, but unfortunately the mask did not seal well, so he had to come back. This was disappointing, but all in all we thought it was a good trip.

Beautiful place, and the highlight port for the trip. Would definitely go here again.
At this location, you tender over to the island. This was when having the Faster to the Fun sticker really came in handy. We were able to be on one of the first tenders over to the island, which meant our pick of chairs on the beach! I do wish I had rented one of the covered loungers because it rained on us and all of our things were soaked. The lunch was very good, and luckily there were lots of covered benches, as this was when it downpoured.

We decided to just go shopping in Nassau. We walked along the streets and absorbed our surroundings. If you want to buy jewelry, this would be the place to do it. We didn't have that type of disposable income, so we bought other souvenirs. The Straw Market is an experience that you should do at least once. I am not a big bargainer, so it wasn't my thing, but it was interesting to see. We did walk to the beach close to the pier. I would not do that again. It was dirty and crowded. We didn't stay, and instead chose to go back to the ship.
If I go back again, I will probably book an excursion.

Read 2625 Nassau Reviews