Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by kalowa

Member Name: kalowa
Cruise Date: October 2013
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Fun but expected so much more

This was my sixth RC cruise and with it being the first on Oasis I really expect a lot. The entertainment was awesome, Hairspray was so incredible. Staff was excellent everywhere we went. Our room steward knew us by name after our first meeting and was always such a delight to visit with. I feel like we were nickel-and-dimed to death on this cruise and I really lost patience with it towards the end. Even the main dining room had for-charge items now. And regarding the main dining room - we went once and never went back. I have never been in a restaurant more chaotic and unorganized in my life. None of the servers seemed to know which way was up. We ate at the Windjammer the rest of the cruise and always had a pleasant experience. I feel, oddly, that there was not nearly as much to do as on the Voyager Class ships that I have always cruised on in the past. There were times in the past when we would have to choose which thing we really wanted to do the most because there was so much going on. With Oasis, there were days when we could find nothing to do all day long and that was disappointing. Walking along Deck 5 was the worst. I felt like I was already on one of the islands with staff from all the stores constantly hassling me and putting flyers in my face. For future cruises I will be going back "down" a class in ships where I felt the over all experience was really a higher class.

Publication Date: 11/19/13